05/06/14 04:25 PM
05/06/14 04:25 PM
MD
Kevins493 Offline OP
top fuel
Kevins493  Offline OP
top fuel

MD
Well, I'm putting my street car back together to do a little bracket racing. The motor that's going in it will be a 408 with a set of IMM-prepped RHS X heads and a solid flat tappet that he spec'd (I think it's somewhere around 256 @.050, .600 lift, I'll have to check when I get home.) Anyways, I have an Edelbrock RPM intake for it and was wondering if the car would be more consistent with an air gap-style intake. I know when I ran the Max Wedge with the stock cross-ram (no valley tray), it had a lot of issues with heat soaking and I never really got the car to be repeatable once we started hot lapping. I would assume that with water in the manifold on a small block, the problem would be at least as bad. I am not trying to make the car faster, just more consistent. Thoughts?

Re: Intake Manifold Configuration & Consistency [Re: Kevins493] #1617101
05/06/14 05:19 PM
05/06/14 05:19 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Well, I'm putting my street car back together to do a little bracket racing. The motor that's going in it will be a 408 with a set of IMM-prepped RHS X heads and a solid flat tappet that he spec'd (I think it's somewhere around 256 @.050, .600 lift, I'll have to check when I get home.) Anyways, I have an Edelbrock RPM intake for it and was wondering if the car would be more consistent with an air gap-style intake. I know when I ran the Max Wedge with the stock cross-ram (no valley tray), it had a lot of issues with heat soaking and I never really got the car to be repeatable once we started hot lapping. I would assume that with water in the manifold on a small block, the problem would be at least as bad. I am not trying to make the car faster, just more consistent. Thoughts?

If the water temp is the same all the time then its
not a problem.. you have to do everything the same