C
cgall Offline
top fuel
cgall  Offline
top fuel
C

SW Ohio
Quote:

There is obviously a bunch of very intelligent and talented promoters out there who know exactly the way these things should be ran. after all it's so easy to work a full time job run a household and just put on a little event for everyone's enjoyment. and what makes it even more rewarding is for everyone to appreciate it as much as they do. so with that being said let's start a list of guys on this forum who are willing to put up a hundred grand of their own money to show the rest of us just how easy it . please start your list of names here we are all very anxious to attend your event.

Well for starters, Greg Dillman, Michael Beard and Steve Stites are all members of this forum and have all run successful bracket racing events such as the No-Box Nationals and the Footbrake Frenzy. These guys started out as racers and began promoting races run the way they wanted to see them run instead of going the way of NHRA and greedy track owners.

I stated on here about a year ago that if someone wanted to promote a successful Mopar series of races they should go to the Jegs US Open or the Tenn-Tuck and pay attention to how they are running it. The best races are the ones run by racers for racers. Often times they get an overflow number of entries and they INCREASE the payout.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: cgall] #1589461
03/09/14 07:16 PM
03/09/14 07:16 PM
Michigan
412 SB Duster Offline
enthusiast
412 SB Duster  Offline
enthusiast

Michigan
It's always the same group complaining. So don't go!
I'll be there racing having a good time.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: 412 SB Duster] #1589462
03/09/14 09:38 PM
03/09/14 09:38 PM
ohio
prochamp Offline
enthusiast
prochamp  Offline
enthusiast

ohio
it doesn't matter what type of business it is when dealing with the public. lack of communication is a recipe for conjecture, ill will and disaster. open door policy is always the way. if you are in the public eye you have to pay attention to your business regardless of anything or you won't have that business for long period.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: prochamp] #1589463
03/10/14 02:18 AM
03/10/14 02:18 AM
Columbus, Ohio
wheelsup68dart Offline
master
wheelsup68dart  Offline
master

Columbus, Ohio
Glad there are races scheduled. I have some Idea of the cost asssociated with a rain out. I'll do a quick tally 400 miles round trip 10mpg @$3.50 thats about $160 in fuel, double enter box and no box for weekend $300, food and board 2 days thats another $150. So yeah when it rains even the consumer takes a hit at times. Just saying that when u invest $750 for a busted weekend and are told that you will get a raincheck for next years event at INDY you just want to know whats going on. Thanks for a little clarity in this issue, but if you can answer the ? about the raincheck it would be appreciated. If it just isn't going to happen I can handle it, but would like to have an answer. Thanks for bringing me out of retirement.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: wheelsup68dart] #1589464
03/10/14 09:52 AM
03/10/14 09:52 AM
In the tower
RonTheAnnouncer Offline
master
RonTheAnnouncer  Offline
master

In the tower
The best "races run by racers" are those that are promoted well and often. Dillman, Beard, and Stites, along with Anthony Walton, Jared Pennington, the Biondos, etc., spend a lot of time securing sponsors, updating websites (almost to the minute) appearing on different message boards regularly, always making sure that racers know what to expect. Look at the flyers put out, most will list a minimum number of entries to pay the advertised payout, round prizes, etc. It is a LOT of work for an independant promoter to put on a race and be sucessful at it. I know that none of these guys are getting rich from being promoters. Be patient and be respectful when asking questions, and you will get that back...usually.
Hope to some of you at VMP this weekend!

Ron H.
"Just when you think you have all of the answers...I change the questions!" "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: cudadon] #1589465
03/11/14 02:58 AM
03/11/14 02:58 AM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
Quote:

Quote:

Seeing , watching, listening, way to many issues lack.of.dedicated tracks for what ever the reasons,.
Lack of any information, promoting questions unanswered.with a smug response,.from anyone in.the series.
The MMW event is far far removed of anything it once was
Good luck to those who run it , and to those who endure .

Dennis it's obvious from your posts that you have had sour grapes since MMW was sold/left st. louis!

It's also obvious that you think scott s.(s&s)is the best thing since hemisherical combustion chambers.

So where is your super promter?
The latest event that was rumored to be coming to st. louis is not happening.

I think the current MMW weekend staff is trying to put on good events.
Let's cut him some slack while he is regrouping from the Indy problem.
This is MY view of this. Hoping that they fail will not help st. louis get another BIG event.
Don

Let me set you straight fast quick n in a hurry
I could completely care less of specialty races, ie loyalty branded,
I race them because #1 I want to , not that I have to.
#2 I would rather have regular bracket races every weekend at all the tracks .
#3 as for Scott ,ska, Ss promotion, don't know , do not care !
It's has been my opinion , only mine,,, that no info little info
And given the issues of past tracks issues and now new. Issues ,
Total lack of any respected answers without being called somekind of name , or derogatory statement is the norm from this promoter, sad but true,.
I can see why I want just regular races instead of having to gullet all the be put out
By others ,
I wish all that run ithe MMW series the best. !
As for GMP, let's just race ,don't have time for drama filled events

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: dennismopar73] #1589466
03/11/14 07:12 PM
03/11/14 07:12 PM
toledo, ohio
plasticfantastic Offline
top fuel
plasticfantastic  Offline
top fuel

toledo, ohio
Quote:

let's just race ,don't have time for drama filled events

Chrysler Power Classic
May 16-18, 2014
National Trail, Columbus, Ohio

No Drama, No issues, Guaranteed purses.

Entry fee? POSTED,
payouts? POSTED,
Schedule? POSTED,
Fliers with info? MAILED OUT,
Website? UPDATED,

http://jeffjohnsonmotorsports.com/powerclassic-b.php[

Facebook - Chrysler Power Classic

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: plasticfantastic] #1589467
03/11/14 07:30 PM
03/11/14 07:30 PM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Thats what a promoter should do!!! A real poster and all entry fees up front and payouts up front and months ahead of the event.

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: plasticfantastic] #1589468
03/12/14 10:43 AM
03/12/14 10:43 AM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
I'll be there because according to your flyer Si Robertson will be there handing out free duck calls.

just kidding, we will be there

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: julian2007] #1589469
03/12/14 11:46 AM
03/12/14 11:46 AM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
you guys a pizzing and moaning about $75.00 dollars and travel expenses how much do you have tied up in your car? im sure its pennies on the dollar compared to the cost of your car. did you build your car to have fun or to e john force? im sure everyone has their competitive nature in them but all this for $75.00. josh i applaude you for steeping up and taking over from charlie witch i know has upset alot of ppl with his payout changes. as far as communication ya it could be better but sometimes unforseen things get in the way. i will support you and you endevors old salty.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: ro23car] #1589470
03/12/14 02:48 PM
03/12/14 02:48 PM
Mi.
G-Money1320 Offline
top fuel
G-Money1320  Offline
top fuel

Mi.
First of all what does the money someone puts into their car have to do with the money they pay to race?? 2 different subjects. Second when they paid their $75 to race they expect something for their hard earned money-if you have $75 to just throw away then good for you, BUT everyone who paid was told they would get a free entry to the same event this year, not by their mothers but by the promoter himself so why is it a friking crime to inquire about said promise?? There is not even going to be an Indy event this year so what becomes of the carry over, no mention of it,and very little communication if any so yes there are questions not being answered. I dont have a dog in this fight but it gets very annoying when some people think its ok to just say "oh well screw it I didnt need that money anyways" They paid to race they expect to get whats owed to them

416 stroker from Nick at Compu-flow. 11.14 in full street trim. Seems like a new best every time out.
11.06 open headers----so far!!
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: G-Money1320] #1589471
03/12/14 04:10 PM
03/12/14 04:10 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Josh would probably be a little more receptive if he didn't get the hell beat out of him every time he came on here, remember Moparts is not the end all be all of the mopar world and all this in-fighting will get us all nowhere and when he get's all his information together and the plans are set then we will know. as for the money from Indy, I am goiing to wait and see how he rectify's this, if he does then fine, if he don't then maybe my loyalty will move on, even as I type I am owed a $90.00 entry fee that was canceled last year when I transferred my entry from the Mopower event at Columbus to Kanawha Valley, thats money I am sure I will never see again.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: G-Money1320] #1589472
03/12/14 04:14 PM
03/12/14 04:14 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

First of all what does the money someone puts into their car have to do with the money they pay to race?? 2 different subjects. Second when they paid their $75 to race they expect something for their hard earned money-if you have $75 to just throw away then good for you, BUT everyone who paid was told they would get a free entry to the same event this year, not by their mothers but by the promoter himself so why is it a friking crime to inquire about said promise?? There is not even going to be an Indy event this year so what becomes of the carry over, no mention of it,and very little communication if any so yes there are questions not being answered. I dont have a dog in this fight but it gets very annoying when some people think its ok to just say "oh well screw it I didnt need that money anyways" They paid to race they expect to get whats owed to them

it is not a crime to ask but when something happens that is you cannot control then you do the best you can to accomodate. as far as the cost of the car build my point was $75.00 was pennies on the dollar im sure you missed that part. if you dont have the $75.00 to race what are you doing racing anyway and btw a good weekend will cost in upwards of at least $500.00 depending on how far you travel. i go because i want to see my freinds and do a little racing not to cry about the $75.00 that i didnt have to spend to start with.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: ro23car] #1589473
03/12/14 04:21 PM
03/12/14 04:21 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Quote:

it is not a crime to ask but when something happens that is you cannot control then you do the best you can to accomodate. as far as the cost of the car build my point was $75.00 was pennies on the dollar im sure you missed that part. if you dont have the $75.00 to race what are you doing racing anyway and btw a good weekend will cost in upwards of at least $500.00 depending on how far you travel. i go because i want to see my freinds and do a little racing not to cry about the $75.00 that i didnt have to spend to start with.

You really dont get it.... the OP asked what was gonna
be done about the $75... if it would still be honored..
there wasnt anything said.. thats all

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: ro23car] #1589474
03/12/14 04:32 PM
03/12/14 04:32 PM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
I did not say anything about 75.00 dollars nor did I pi$$ or moan about anything. There is a hell of a lot more to it than 75 misley bucks, you would know what I was talking about if you actually won anything at a MM event. I'm not one to piss and moan and cry I'm just one who will not be attending anymore monster mopar events for reasons that are my business not yours.

In closing all I said was I will be attending the Jeff Johnson event and joked about getting a free duck call, do not include me in with anyone else be it good or bad.

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1589475
03/12/14 05:10 PM
03/12/14 05:10 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You really dont get it.... the OP asked what was gonna
be done about the $75... if it would still be honored..
there wasnt anything said.. thats all your wrong mike i DO GET IT my reply was to the other people that were making statements. and ya if i were to lose $75.00 it really wouldnt bother me it would be the same to me as going out before you in the money rounds. but different people have different views and appearently ther are those that dont like what i have to say so keep flaming away.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: julian2007] #1589476
03/12/14 05:12 PM
03/12/14 05:12 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

I did not say anything about 75.00 dollars nor did I pi$$ or moan about anything. There is a hell of a lot more to it than 75 misley bucks, you would know what I was talking about if you actually won anything at a MM event. I'm not one to piss and moan and cry I'm just one who will not be attending anymore monster mopar events for reasons that are my business not yours.

In closing all I said was I will be attending the Jeff Johnson event and joked about getting a free duck call, do not include me in with anyone else be it good or bad.

i coud be wrong but show me where i mentioned your name. and i have my say so im done for now.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: ro23car] #1589477
03/12/14 06:21 PM
03/12/14 06:21 PM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
Quote:

Quote:

i coud be wrong but show me where i mentioned your name. and i have my say so im done for now.

[Re: julian2007]
#8071154 - Wed Mar 12 2014 09:46 AM this means you are responding to me does it not??
if you wanted to respond to some one who is bitshing click on there post not mine.

you guys a pizzing and moaning about $75.00 dollars and travel expenses how much do you have tied up in your car? im sure its pennies on the dollar compared to the cost of your car. did you build your car to have fun or to e john force? im sure everyone has their competitive nature in them but all this for $75.00. josh i applaude you for steeping up and taking over from charlie witch i know has upset alot of ppl with his payout changes. as far as communication ya it could be better but sometimes unforseen things get in the way. i will support you and you endevors old salty. YOUR WORDS

Last edited by julian2007; 03/12/14 06:24 PM.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: julian2007] #1589478
03/12/14 06:40 PM
03/12/14 06:40 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[Re: julian2007]
#8071154 - Wed Mar 12 2014 09:46 AM this means you are responding to me does it not??
if you wanted to respond to some one who is bitshing click on there post not mine.

you guys a pizzing and moaning about $75.00 dollars and travel expenses how much do you have tied up in your car? im sure its pennies on the dollar compared to the cost of your car. did you build your car to have fun or to e john force? im sure everyone has their competitive nature in them but all this for $75.00. josh i applaude you for steeping up and taking over from charlie witch i know has upset alot of ppl with his payout changes. as far as communication ya it could be better but sometimes unforseen things get in the way. i will support you and you endevors old salty. YOUR WORDS

unless i am wrong you have to click on REPLY TO PUT IN A COMMENT THAT WAS MY FIRST REPLY sorry it was under yours. IT WAS NOT A QUOTE OF WHAT YOU SAID so clean out your pants.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: ro23car] #1589479
03/12/14 06:43 PM
03/12/14 06:43 PM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
lets see tep i had to hit reply to make this post. JOSH KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING MAYBE DOLE OUT SOME DIAPERS AND TISSUES FOR THOSE THAT NEED EM. ok that was under my post so no crying allowed.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12