Quote:

Quote:

I dont know what it takes with you but I put 2 cams
in like I said... one wide LSA and no lope and one
with a tight LSA and it loped ALL the rest of the
engine same... but I'll go back and tell the cam lab
guys they have been wrong all these years... as well
as the cam companies
Oh..... I NEVER have black in the carb....
so lets just say you have your idea and I have mine
and let the guys think what they want... OK

I don't know what it takes with you, but I've got $2,000 cash that says I'm right and your wrong....I'll PROVE it to you in person.....Come take my money....... If 2K isn't enough for you to fly or drive to Oklahoma, name the amount......3K?? 4K?? 5K?? Name it.......

I'm not saying that what you've done isn't happening........I believe you......but it's because of reversion.....the motor is idling on exhaust because more overlap is allowing more exhaust into the intake tract.......Do you test with zoomie headers or block hugger headers and see what happens........

Cam lab guys aren't working with zoomies.......Tell them to try zoomies and see what happens......

I never said your motor had black soot in the intake or carb....I've seen that on customer's cars and figured you may have seen that before?? Guess not...

I don't have an "idea" or "theory" like you've already said.......I have FACT.........and I'll prove that you're the one with "ideas" and "theories".....and I'll even pay you to prove me wrong.......

SLOW67..........You're not reading everything I'm saying......YES.....the camshaft will change the idle BUT it's because of reversion, not "pulling in part of the next fuel charge"

Blusmbl.....I agree......I never said that a camshaft doesn't effect the sound, or "lopeyness" of an idle.......All I'm saying is that you can take ANY motor with zoomies, and it won't have a "lopey" idle, unless timing is way retarded and it's very rich........AND THAT'S A FACT THAT I'LL WAGER ON

The OP's motor sounds perfect......and to change the camshaft just to TRY to get a different sound is crazy IMHO......

OK... you win... your the genius and I'm the idiot
and you can shove the money you know where... your
type crack me up... bet big money and hope they dont
go for it..... if you were/are talking a pressurize
engine then your statement would be right BUT we arent
so I dont buy your BS.... and this will be the last
post for me on this........ you win
PS.... by the way NO IDIOT would run zoomies on a
N/A engine if you want to make it work

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: Big Squeeze] #1548134
12/17/13 09:37 AM
12/17/13 09:37 AM
Plymouth, MI
Blusmbl Online content
master
Blusmbl  Online Content
master

Plymouth, MI
Quote:

Blusmbl.....I agree......I never said that a camshaft doesn't effect the sound, or "lopeyness" of an idle.......All I'm saying is that you can take ANY motor with zoomies, and it won't have a "lopey" idle, unless timing is way retarded and it's very rich.....so, if I can prove to you guys that that's actually true, then it's the EXHAUST SYSTEM (including headers) and NOT so much the camshaft causing the "lopey" idle...AND THAT'S A FACT THAT I'LL WAGER ON

That's true, and I'm not taking your bet.

At the point where you have 8 injection stacks and zoomies, you've got essentially 8 individual engines on one common crankshaft. Discarding 2 strokes, I don't think I've ever heard a single cylinder motor with a choppy idle.

-Nick

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1548135
12/17/13 11:32 AM
12/17/13 11:32 AM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Quote:

You say I win, and then say what I'm saying is "BS"...Too bad you're not open minded enough to learn something...

I'll PayPal the money today....where's it need to go?? Who's an unbiased third party we can use?? How about Ray Meyers? Where's the "BS" now, Mr. ThinkHeKnowsEverything??

You're type crack me up, you think by saying "and this will be the last post for me on this' that it makes you right....

Heck for 3K, I'll load up my test stand with a motor on it and come to your house and win the bet....step up...

If that doesn't work for you, how about you paypal Wade Metzinger or Clark Lamb and either one can drive out to my shop and I'll demo for them?? I'll even PayPal $500 to a third party and take your word that you'll pay me when I win...step up...now who's BSing??

Blusmbl....I'm talking about a carburetor on a single plane intake with zoomies or block hugger headers that are open...

What you guys don't get is that this is NOT "theory" or my "opinion", unlike what P-body is saying...I HAVE done this back to back to back...

I had a 422" small block Chrysler running on my test stand with long tube headers, single plane intake and 950 carb...it idled about 950RPM.....ALL I did was remove the long tube headers and install block hugger "shorty" headers and I couldn't get it to idle below 1,500RPM with the throttle blades all the way shut.....FREAKED me out..... I put the long tube headers back on and it idled right back down to 950 WITH the throttle blades back open to where they were before...... Headers was ALL I changed......NOTHING else.......

It's the things you learn after you know it all that really help the most....

If you can't handle the truth, you're living a lie.......
Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: headhunter] #1548136
12/17/13 05:43 PM
12/17/13 05:43 PM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
I think it sounds great...! Here I was having fun just to see how low I could get it to idle... Can someone tell me the cam in there haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V74cnr_Xjl4

Mopar Performance
Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: moparniac] #1548137
12/17/13 10:01 PM
12/17/13 10:01 PM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Wow... Nothing but crickets...

You'd think that if someone were to call me a liar and then say I'm bluffing on the bet would step up and own their statements and gladly take my money??

You can't be a puddin' boy all your life....Teach me a lesson and take my money Mr. KnowEverything....

Maybe you're afraid that you're not as smart as you want everyone to believe??? If that's the case, you should be more careful at choosing your battles and who you call a liar and BSer....

I'm nowhere near being a genius and I've never called or insinuated you're an idiot....but you're not too smart for calling me a liar and BSer because anyone that knows me knows I'm not that way... and unlike you, I don't post in a thread unless I know a LOT about the subject and have first hand experience........

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: Big Squeeze] #1548138
12/17/13 10:42 PM
12/17/13 10:42 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Wow... Nothing but crickets...

You'd think that if someone were to call me a liar and then say I'm bluffing on the bet would step up and own their statements and gladly take my money??

You can't be a puddin' boy all your life....Teach me a lesson and take my money Mr. KnowEverything....

Maybe you're afraid that you're not as smart as you want everyone to believe??? If that's the case, you should be more careful at choosing your battles and who you call a liar and BSer....

Hey your the one thats suppose to know it all... I
just let it drop... continue on if it floats your boat...
but I will say one think before I leave... why do
the cam companies say it has a rough idle or very
rough idle when they have no clue to the exhaust...
SO thats my final on this... carry on

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: MR_P_BODY] #1548139
12/17/13 10:56 PM
12/17/13 10:56 PM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Quote:

Hey your the one thats suppose to know it all...

That's the pot calling the kettle black.....You're the one saying that I'm BSing because apparently YOU know it all....when the FACT is I've done what I've described.....

Quote:

I just let it drop... continue on if it floats your boat...

Because they're appealing to the masses.......and the masses don't know how to degree a camshaft, jet a carburetor or adjust valves.......That's why...... The masses actually ASK for a cam with a "lopey" idle with no care for performance!!! That's absolutely insane IMHO.....You'll never see a racer do a cam swap to try to achieve a more "lopey" idle..... Cam companies know that 99% of their cams go into cars with full length headers and exhaust systems and not into dragsters with zoomies.......put zoomies on ANY motor with a "lopey" idle and it'll idle like it's got a vacuum leak because it'll be pulling in fresh air through the header pipe....no if's, and's or butt's..........

AGAIN........You're not reading what I'm saying....I'm saying that the overlap is allowing exhaust to run back up the intake tract and that's why a motor idles "lopey" and you're disagreeing with that...........

Truth is, I don't want to "carry on" with this internet crap......I want to DO what it takes to show you how much you don't know......but I'm not going to do it for free.....We all pay for lessons in life......but you're too scared to step up and own your comments........

Why won't you take my money?? If you're so smart, and you're so sure I'm BSing, it's any easy $2,000, $3,000 or even $5,000.........Man up...... While you keeping avoiding my questions and I'll be over here turning blue from holding my breath...........

Holy cow, SledgIE, that's definitely too low.....

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: Big Squeeze] #1548140
12/17/13 11:08 PM
12/17/13 11:08 PM
ky
H
headhunter Offline OP
master
headhunter  Offline OP
master
H

ky
Quote:

Quote:

Hey your the one thats suppose to know it all...

That's the pot calling the kettle black.....You're the one saying that I'm BSing because apparently YOU know it all....when the FACT is I've done what I've described.....

Quote:

I just let it drop... continue on if it floats your boat...

Because they're appealing to the masses.......and the masses don't know how to degree a camshaft, jet a carburetor or adjust valves.......That's why...... The masses actually ASK for a cam with a "lopey" idle with no care for performance!!! That's absolutely insane IMHO.....You'll never see a racer do a cam swap to try to achieve a more "lopey" idle.....

AGAIN........You're not reading what I'm saying....I'm saying that the overlap is allowing exhaust to run back up the intake tract and that's why a motor idles "lopey" and you're disagreeing with that...........

Truth is, I don't want to "carry on" with this internet crap......I want to DO what it takes to show you how much you don't know......but I'm not going to do it for free.....We all pay for lessons in life......but you're too scared to step up and own your comments........

Why won't you take my money?? If you're so smart, and you're so sure I'm BSing, it's any easy $2,000, $3,000 or even $5,000.........Man up...... While you keeping avoiding my questions and I'll be over here turning blue from holding my breath...........

if your thinking im wanting to change the cam in my motor for a more lopey idle you didn't read what all I typed

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: Big Squeeze] #1548141
12/17/13 11:09 PM
12/17/13 11:09 PM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
Quote:

Quote:

You say I win, and then say what I'm saying is "BS"...Too bad you're not open minded enough to learn something...

I'll PayPal the money today....where's it need to go?? Who's an unbiased third party we can use?? How about Ray Meyers? Where's the "BS" now, Mr. ThinkHeKnowsEverything??

You're type crack me up, you think by saying "and this will be the last post for me on this' that it makes you right....

Heck for 3K, I'll load up my test stand with a motor on it and come to your house and win the bet....step up...

If that doesn't work for you, how about you paypal Wade Metzinger or Clark Lamb and either one can drive out to my shop and I'll demo for them?? I'll even PayPal $500 to a third party and take your word that you'll pay me when I win...step up...now who's BSing??

Blusmbl....I'm talking about a carburetor on a single plane intake with zoomies or block hugger headers that are open...

What you guys don't get is that this is NOT "theory" or my "opinion", unlike what P-body is saying...I HAVE done this back to back to back...

I had a 422" small block Chrysler running on my test stand with long tube headers, single plane intake and 950 carb...it idled about 950RPM.....ALL I did was remove the long tube headers and install block hugger "shorty" headers and I couldn't get it to idle below 1,500RPM with the throttle blades all the way shut.....FREAKED me out..... I put the long tube headers back on and it idled right back down to 950 WITH the throttle blades back open to where they were before...... Headers was ALL I changed......NOTHING else.......

everyone please paypal your money to me at iopbeachdude@hotmail.com

I need to be faster than Headhunter

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: sixpackgut] #1548142
12/17/13 11:17 PM
12/17/13 11:17 PM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Quote:

Hahaha.....what happened to all these guys that say Dragweek isn't about winning, it's about the experience and just trying to last the whole week?? Truth is, the only guys saying that are the guys with no chance of winning!!

Quote:

if your thinking im wanting to change the cam in my motor for a more lopey idle you didn't read what all I typed

I've reread it and all I see for your reason to want to swap cams is to make it more "lopey"???

You have a bad ass car that sounds fantastic....I'd leave it alone......or put a bunch of spray on it.....

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: Big Squeeze] #1548143
12/17/13 11:23 PM
12/17/13 11:23 PM
ky
H
headhunter Offline OP
master
headhunter  Offline OP
master
H

ky
I didn't say I wanted a more lopey cam just I didn't care for the way it sounded the reason for wanting to change is I believe there is more left in this motor with the other cam I am looking at. for drag week im going have to try an all motor deal as I cant run with the power adder cars . don't think I can run with the n/a cars either

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: sixpackgut] #1548144
12/17/13 11:27 PM
12/17/13 11:27 PM
ky
H
headhunter Offline OP
master
headhunter  Offline OP
master
H

ky
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

lol you have all ready been faster than my 10.50 car im hopeing it will run that at least if I can get it to run that and be able to drive and survive drag week im happy I wish it could be competitive but honestly I hope it will just make it thru the whole deal

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: headhunter] #1548145
12/18/13 01:46 AM
12/18/13 01:46 AM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
truth is, I want to root for all the guys here on Moparts. I may try to move classes so I don't have to compete against guys I would also like to see win a class. If Tony takes his AMC again, Billy with his Valiant, and You with your Barracuda, it would just suck if none of us win the class because some cut up 1800 lb RX7 with a 25 thousand dollar engine wins again running a pathetic number

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs
Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: sixpackgut] #1548146
12/18/13 02:17 AM
12/18/13 02:17 AM
Phoenix, AZ
M
MoparBilly Offline
master
MoparBilly  Offline
master
M

Phoenix, AZ
Quote:

truth is, I want to root for all the guys here on Moparts. I may try to move classes so I don't have to compete against guys I would also like to see win a class. If Tony takes his AMC again, Billy with his Valiant, and You with your Barracuda, it would just suck if none of us win the class because some cut up 1800 lb RX7 with a 25 thousand dollar engine wins again running a pathetic number

Don't forget about little brother Dale with his Gremlin. I'll be back with the Valiant and a new small block next year, but I have a plate system, and I'll bring some big tires. That way I can choose between Modified and Pro Street, NA or Power adder, probably be too slow for any one of the four. Mostly what I root for is as many Moparts Members as possible at Registration/Tech day...then we'll sort it out from there!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines
Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: sixpackgut] #1548147
12/18/13 02:35 AM
12/18/13 02:35 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

Depending where its at this year I'll be there in
the Rampage... dont know if I'll run DD or unlimited
and just 10s... its the only 2 classes I fit

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: MoparBilly] #1548148
12/18/13 12:18 PM
12/18/13 12:18 PM
Charleston
S
sixpackgut Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
sixpackgut  Offline
Drag Week Mod Champion
S

Charleston
Quote:

Quote:

Don't forget about little brother Dale with his Gremlin. I'll be back with the Valiant and a new small block next year, but I have a plate system, and I'll bring some big tires. That way I can choose between Modified and Pro Street, NA or Power adder, probably be too slow for any one of the four. Mostly what I root for is as many Moparts Members as possible at Registration/Tech day...then we'll sort it out from there!

I thought Dale was in Pro Street but yes, I agree, it looks like to many of "US" are going to be in the same class

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: sixpackgut] #1548149
12/18/13 02:37 PM
12/18/13 02:37 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
If you truly have 700HP then you will have NO problem out running that 10.50. That car should easily be in the mid 9's with 700hp. It worked great with 1050 hp and so so with 1350 hp. With 700 hp it will be a walk in the park.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: sixpackgut] #1548150
12/18/13 06:53 PM
12/18/13 06:53 PM
U.S.
M
moparniac Offline
master
moparniac  Offline
master
M

U.S.
Dragweek is cool.

Mopar Performance
Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: Al_Alguire] #1548151
12/19/13 12:34 AM
12/19/13 12:34 AM
ky
H
headhunter Offline OP
master
headhunter  Offline OP
master
H

ky
Quote:

If you truly have 700HP then you will have NO problem out running that 10.50. That car should easily be in the mid 9's with 700hp. It worked great with 1050 hp and so so with 1350 hp. With 700 hp it will be a walk in the park.

that's why I was saying 10.50s in case the original dyno was a happy one

Re: fired up my drag week prodject [Re: sixpackgut] #1548152
12/19/13 12:36 AM
12/19/13 12:36 AM
ky
H
headhunter Offline OP
master
headhunter  Offline OP
master
H

ky
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I thought Dale was in Pro Street but yes, I agree, it looks like to many of "US" are going to be in the same class

if mine is to slow I will be throwing a lot of spray at it so I may be in a different class.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4