05/07/05 01:53 PM
05/07/05 01:53 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Like many muscle car owners the tach and the clock can be a challenge. I always end up spending money to convert the clock to quartz and the tach can be fixed but I was always a bit scared hooking my 150.00 newly repaired tach to my MSD wrong and blowing it up. The only car I ever had that both worked was my 69 AMX. So.....I read an article in Mopar Action called "Dial it in" that not only would allow me to upgrade and calibrate my own tach board but I could run a wire directly from the tach to the tach output on my MSD6 box. Greg at RT engineering markets this. www.rt-eng.com/. It was 85 bucks. Greg is an electrical engineer and makes boards for 64-74 MOPAR all types. I bought an 8 dollar solder gun from radio shack and some 60-40 solder and did it myself. THe instructions were great and Greg and I emailed a lot. Very helpful guy. I am no Bob Glidden but after reading the article I thought that I could do this. It was simple and fun and my tach is dead on accurate. Took me 90 minutes at my kitchen table one night. Best part is I just ran a wire....ONE wire to the MSD box and the thing worked. I do not want to foul around with the coil and any tach adaptor nonsense. Much of this was also driven by the fact that I do not want an aftermarket tach glahmed on somwhere in the cabin...or screwed into the dash of my Cuda (ughhhh). I wanted the stock tach to work perfectly and I got it. This was my experience.....it may differ from others but I have only great things to say about this upgrade.

Re: My experience upgrading the circuit board on my tac #15376
05/07/05 04:37 PM
05/07/05 04:37 PM
North Dakota
6PakBee Offline
I Live Here
6PakBee  Offline
I Live Here

North Dakota
73x9cuda:

Thanks for posting this.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: My experience upgrading the circuit board on my tach #15377
05/07/05 05:32 PM
05/07/05 05:32 PM
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
solarguy Offline
pro stock
solarguy  Offline
pro stock

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Excellent, I was wondering how it would work with MSD.