up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Quote:

Hey gang..

Looks like I my "Mancini Street Hemi Package" isn't as sweet as I thought it was going to be.....

Anyone running the OEM intake with the Edelbrock 600's? The progressive rod seems to be, "not the best" in the world. When I got the kit, there was one bushing zip-tied to the rear carb's throttle arm. Well, that's all fine and dandy and fit like a glove, but they only supplied ONE bushing. The attach hardware for the other end of the progressive linkage doesn't center itself.. I am going to call Mancini back tomorrow. I called today and they "pointed fingers" at Edelbrock, which I in turned called. Edelbrock stated they aren't the ones that zip-tied the bushings, so it must be the department within Mancini that's building these things ( or Mopar Performance ).... Can I see how ya'll have yours?

I was warned............ you were right Anthony (71 RR- J68 )

This is what I have.......

You only need one bushing, I suggest you go look at how it's out together at the Edelbrock site, not rocket science.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: Supercuda] #1537578
11/21/13 09:32 PM
11/21/13 09:32 PM
Houston, Tx
hemi68charger Offline OP
master
hemi68charger  Offline OP
master

Houston, Tx
Quote:

Quote:

Hey gang..

Looks like I my "Mancini Street Hemi Package" isn't as sweet as I thought it was going to be.....

Anyone running the OEM intake with the Edelbrock 600's? The progressive rod seems to be, "not the best" in the world. When I got the kit, there was one bushing zip-tied to the rear carb's throttle arm. Well, that's all fine and dandy and fit like a glove, but they only supplied ONE bushing. The attach hardware for the other end of the progressive linkage doesn't center itself.. I am going to call Mancini back tomorrow. I called today and they "pointed fingers" at Edelbrock, which I in turned called. Edelbrock stated they aren't the ones that zip-tied the bushings, so it must be the department within Mancini that's building these things ( or Mopar Performance ).... Can I see how ya'll have yours?

I was warned............ you were right Anthony (71 RR- J68 )

This is what I have.......

You only need one bushing, I suggest you go look at how it's out together at the Edelbrock site, not rocket science.

May not be rocket science, but the website is a maze and you would think the customer service representative would have directed me to somewhere as you have eluded to. I am taking it by the suggestion you have been to or know where the page is referring to dual-quad applications on 426 Hemi? In hindsight this package seems to have been thrown together. In hindsight I put too much trust in a Edelbrock product and a Mancini customer service representative.

Last edited by hemi68charger; 11/21/13 09:35 PM.

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)
Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: hemi68charger] #1537579
11/21/13 10:49 PM
11/21/13 10:49 PM
Morristown Tn.
71birdJ68 Offline
master
71birdJ68  Offline
master

Morristown Tn.
Your, our, trust was with Mancini, cause they are Mopar people, and Edlebrock is not. Like I said, the guy that puts this package together doesn't even work for Mancini, he does it for them on the side. At least that's what they told me about a year ago.It's not Edlebrocks fault, they don't not care about factory type applications, just hot rod applications. Also the guy that makes the steel repo air cleaner base plates and lids, is also a pice of work. Don't trust him either, ask me how I know this.

Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: 71birdJ68] #1537580
11/21/13 11:52 PM
11/21/13 11:52 PM
Houston, Tx
hemi68charger Offline OP
master
master

Houston, Tx
Quote:

Your, our, trust was with Mancini, cause they are Mopar people, and Edlebrock is not. Like I said, the guy that puts this package together doesn't even work for Mancini, he does it for them on the side. At least that's what they told me about a year ago.It's not Edlebrocks fault, they don't not care about factory type applications, just hot rod applications. Also the guy that makes the steel repo air cleaner base plates and lids, is also a pice of work. Don't trust him either, ask me how I know this.

I completely agree.. accountability should rest with Mancini.... But, it is all good, I learned a valuable lesson on something I shouldn't have bought. I will recoup some of the cost with the sale of the carbs, to a Chevy guy...

Troy
Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: hemi68charger] #1537581
11/22/13 01:01 AM
11/22/13 01:01 AM
Houston,Tx.
L
Lee446 Offline
pro stock
Lee446  Offline
pro stock
L

Houston,Tx.
Nothing wrong with the Edelbrock carbs, you just don't have the linkage hooked up correctly. you would think Mancini would include a diagram showing the proper attachment hole on the front carb lever, since they are not the same as the original Carters, you cant use the FSM and I am not sure the Ebrock site would show it as they have their own linkage, not the same. I run a pair of the 800 AFB's on my Hemi and they work very well once the jetting and rods were optimized.

Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: Lee446] #1537582
11/22/13 09:33 AM
11/22/13 09:33 AM
Houston, Tx
hemi68charger Offline OP
master
master

Houston, Tx
Quote:

Nothing wrong with the Edelbrock carbs, you just don't have the linkage hooked up correctly. you would think Mancini would include a diagram showing the proper attachment hole on the front carb lever, since they are not the same as the original Carters, you cant use the FSM and I am not sure the Ebrock site would show it as they have their own linkage, not the same. I run a pair of the 800 AFB's on my Hemi and they work very well once the jetting and rods were optimized.

Thanks for the input.. The picture in the thread at the begin isn't where they are now. I used the FSM to determine which card the slider was orientated. Obviously, after the picture I found out it was backwards. But, being that the application isn't OEM, they would give instructions on what to do, I agree. Again, mute point.... I'm selling them and getting Scott's AFB HEMI reproductions......

Robert, if you make this year's Houston AutoRama next week, I'll be there with the Daytona......

Troy
Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: hemi68charger] #1537583
11/22/13 11:03 AM
11/22/13 11:03 AM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Quote:

May not be rocket science, but the website is a maze and you would think the customer service representative would have directed me to somewhere as you have eluded to. I am taking it by the suggestion you have been to or know where the page is referring to dual-quad applications on 426 Hemi? In hindsight this package seems to have been thrown together. In hindsight I put too much trust in a Edelbrock product and a Mancini customer service representative.

Took a whopping 5 minutes to find the progressive throttle linkage at the Edelbrock site. Another poster in this thread posted how you should have hooked it up. I think maybe where your trust was misplaced was in your ability to figure things out. Do you have an FSM? Did you bother to ask anyone for help before you attacked Mancini, Edelbrock, etc?

Even after others pointed out to you that you installed it wrong and provided you with DETAILED pictures of how it goes you still carry on. You are the problem.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: Supercuda] #1537584
11/22/13 11:41 AM
11/22/13 11:41 AM
Houston, Tx
hemi68charger Offline OP
master
master

Houston, Tx
Quote:

Quote:

Took a whopping 5 minutes to find the progressive throttle linkage at the Edelbrock site. Another poster in this thread posted how you should have hooked it up. I think maybe where your trust was misplaced was in your ability to figure things out. Do you have an FSM? Did you bother to ask anyone for help before you attacked Mancini, Edelbrock, etc?

Even after others pointed out to you that you installed it wrong and provided you with DETAILED pictures of how it goes you still carry on. You are the problem.

Dude... You are a piece of work........ There was one (1) detailed picture provided by TooMany62s and I appreciate it. Not sure I know what other "detailed" pictures you're referring to, but there's nothing on this thread. I come here looking for help and suggestions. I don't need your smartass comments on my ability, or in your eyes, my inability to figure things out. I have helped tons of people over and all abound... I never commented on your ability or skills, so I'd appreciate it if you kept your negative comments about me to your freakin' self. Like a lot of people here, I've been tinkering and messing around with Mopars for 30 years. Some things I have a better knowledge than others... I asked you a legitimate and non-condescending question about whether or not you know where the link is on their site.... And I get back a smartass comment? Really? Give me a break............. Like most people who DO have the spirit to actually help, who could have provided the link to the Edelbrock site you found in 5 minutes.... And yeap, I'm waiting for some other comment... You have a jolly good day Mr. Grumpy...

Troy
Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: Supercuda] #1537585
11/22/13 12:21 PM
11/22/13 12:21 PM
Morristown Tn.
71birdJ68 Offline
master
71birdJ68  Offline
master

Morristown Tn.
Ok, without getting in a pissing match with everybody on here, about he said, she said, which is now what has happened, here is what I would say is the problem. The linkage on the Edelbrock web site is different than what Mancini sells, so it would be kind of hard to figure out. Now the picture on Mancinis web site is WRONG, I told them it was wrong a year or so ago. They will email that same picture to people to see how this goes together,and they themselves don't know how it is supposed to work. Now since they haven't changed it, that tells me they don't give a sh*t. I had the same problems myself cause the service manual is not like this.The OE setup is different. We are dealing with trying to adapt Chevy parts to a Mopar application.Ok, now about the people trying to help the OP, and all of this back, and forth pain and anguish could have been avoided in if he would just have picked up the phone, and called me,like I asked, cause I have already pulled my hair over this same thing.

Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: 71birdJ68] #1537586
11/22/13 03:09 PM
11/22/13 03:09 PM
Houston, Tx
hemi68charger Offline OP
master
master

Houston, Tx
Quote:

Ok, without getting in a pissing match with everybody on here, about he said, she said, which is now what has happened, here is what I would say is the problem. The linkage on the Edelbrock web site is different than what Mancini sells, so it would be kind of hard to figure out. Now the picture on Mancinis web site is WRONG, I told them it was wrong a year or so ago. They will email that same picture to people to see how this goes together,and they themselves don't know how it is supposed to work. Now since they haven't changed it, that tells me they don't give a sh*t. I had the same problems myself cause the service manual is not like this.The OE setup is different. We are dealing with trying to adapt Chevy parts to a Mopar application.Ok, now about the people trying to help the OP, and all of this back, and forth pain and anguish could have been avoided in if he would just have picked up the phone, and called me,like I asked, cause I have already pulled my hair over this same thing.

Thanks everyone for your support..... Anthony, you nailed it on the head concerning adapting Chevy parts for a Mopar application. Sorry I didn't call you prior to the pissing match. Most time when I reply to these threads I'm at work and can type a thing or two, but not free to start calling people. By the time I get home, my mind is focused on the kids or evening happenings........ I did contact Edelbrock and Mancini, and neither had the information I needed nor cared to find out for me ( needless to say rather unprofessional )............

Case is closed because I'm getting the carbs from Scott and being done with it. I wish I would have known he did this before this.. But, it is what it is........

Thank you Russ, Anthony, Rick, Dustin ( did you ever get more contacts on the system when you had it for sale?, don't want the carbs now. ) and Robert.......

With ya'll's encouragement, I was able to figure it out..... I believe I have the progressive rod adjusted such that both are wide-open throttle simultaneously.

7932793-carbs_Nov22a.jpg (174 downloads)
Last edited by hemi68charger; 11/22/13 03:29 PM.

Troy
Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: hemi68charger] #1537587
11/22/13 03:29 PM
11/22/13 03:29 PM
Houston, Tx
hemi68charger Offline OP
master
master

Houston, Tx
from the front....

7932813-carbs_Nov22b.jpg (142 downloads)

Troy
Re: HEMI owners with 2x4 Edelbrocks [Re: hemi68charger] #1537588
11/22/13 04:33 PM
11/22/13 04:33 PM
Newark,Ohio
kissmyaspen Offline
pro stock
kissmyaspen  Offline
pro stock

Newark,Ohio
I got one other guy but he wanted the whole set-up as well... you should be able to sell the carbs to someone. Sorry you had problems with it. Ill have to do something when I go to put it on my motor.

79 Dodge Aspen
12.265 at 109.75 MPH

67 Satellite NSS/E
11.83 @ 110

1968 Plymouth Road Runner 472 Hemi

3 time MOPAR NATIONALS CHAMP '03 FWD and '06 & '09 Street.
'07, '10, '12 Mopar Nats runner-up Street.
Page 2 of 2 1 2