R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
Quote:

Even my buddy got a deal that was worse than that. He ordered a gold ecu from summit and the thing didnt even work!

& since there is no return on electrical parts he was SOL right

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Re: Orange box ??? [Re: RapidRobert] #150719
11/16/08 07:46 PM
11/16/08 07:46 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
Racecarbob451.Hey stick around, I am with you on this & I disagree with ironwolf's "astroturf" comment. I've been jumped on several times for no reason & what I had to do was tell them why they are full of it & that differs totally from a person respectfully dissagreeing(or addding to)another persons tech advice. There are a few members here who seem to suffer from chronic menstruation problems.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth
Re: Orange box ??? [Re: RapidRobert] #150720
11/16/08 08:36 PM
11/16/08 08:36 PM
CT
GTX MATT Offline
master
GTX MATT  Offline
master

CT
Quote:

Racecarbob451.Hey stick around, I am with you on this & I disagree with ironwolf's "astroturf" comment. I've been jumped on several times for no reason & what I had to do was tell them why they are full of it & that differs totally from a person respectfully dissagreeing(or addding to)another persons tech advice. There are a few members here who seem to suffer from chronic menstruation problems.

Mention 440 source or Mopar Performance parts, ESPECIALLY purpleshaft cams, and its sure to be a

Ill admit some of the MoPar stuff isnt as great as other stuff, but I kind of like the idea of using it because its almost like its factory to me, at least its made by the company that made my car. If the difference in performance is questionable Id always choose the MoPar part.

Last edited by GTX MATT; 11/16/08 08:37 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street
Re: Orange box ??? [Re: RapidRobert] #150721
11/16/08 08:57 PM
11/16/08 08:57 PM
N.Wilkesboro,NC
D
DusterKrazy Offline
master
DusterKrazy  Offline
master
D

N.Wilkesboro,NC
Quote:

Quote:

Even my buddy got a deal that was worse than that. He ordered a gold ecu from summit and the thing didnt even work!

& since there is no return on electrical parts he was SOL right

Right on! He was stuck with a $150 paper weight!

Re: Orange box ??? [Re: GTX MATT] #150722
11/16/08 08:59 PM
11/16/08 08:59 PM
N.Wilkesboro,NC
D
DusterKrazy Offline
master
DusterKrazy  Offline
master
D

N.Wilkesboro,NC
Quote:

Quote:

Mention 440 source or Mopar Performance parts, ESPECIALLY purpleshaft cams, and its sure to be a

Ill admit some of the MoPar stuff isnt as great as other stuff, but I kind of like the idea of using it because its almost like its factory to me, at least its made by the company that made my car. If the difference in performance is questionable Id always choose the MoPar part.

Some mopar stuff is good and some is not so good. But I LOVE mopar purpleshaft cams!

Re: Orange box ??? [Re: DusterKrazy] #150723
11/16/08 11:41 PM
11/16/08 11:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Some mopar stuff is good and some is not so good. But I LOVE mopar purpleshaft cams!

never a complaint from my old 284/484 cam- except for the complaints I heard from the guys I beat

Re: Orange box ??? #150724
11/17/08 03:55 AM
11/17/08 03:55 AM
Aurora, Colorado
451Mopar Offline
master
451Mopar  Offline
master

Aurora, Colorado
Quote:

I actually removed the circuit board from an ignition box several months ago. the circuit is pretty elementary.

I did the same, pulled apart an old orange ECU and reverse engineered it about 10-years ago. It's pretty simply circuitry. I haven't bought any newer production mopar ignition stuff. The last Electronic ignition kit I bought, the distrubitor was assembled incorrectly to where the oil pump tab was a different position than the rotor, and the rotor to cap phaseing was way off too.. This was when Mopar was selling the conversion kits for about $100 (probbably 8+ years ago?)
I have used both the orange and chrome boxes and never had one melt the potting material. The one I tore apart I thought was bad, but found later it was a wiring problem. I do use the Mallory ballast resistor, and I think they are around 0.8 ohm to 1-ohm? I have never burned one of these resistors out, but I have had two of the Mopar ballast resistors fail.
Anyhow, with these ignitions, the ignition coil is doing most of the work.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3