W
WHITEDART Offline OP
master
WHITEDART  Offline OP
master
W

bean town ....Ca
Quote:

I just don't understand promoters who don't promote. I haven't heard a word about the event until I saw it on here. I would have loved to have gone, but already made other plans. Come on promoters...... you must have some way to let us know about your events. As a promoter aren't you aware of these forums????? Why do I put my email address on every tech card? It's got to be available to somebody....... I would think the track would share that information with someone who is promoting an event at their track. Then the promoter "hides" the event information. Like Whitdart asks what are the payouts and classes?

Yea I know if I spend the time to constantly check track websites I might see the event listed. But you are supposed to be a promoter, not just a have a race and hope racers will show up . Oh well....................

Stepping down from soapbox.

good to see you around hope all is well and see at the next wone

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.07 at 133 at 2700lb
Re: california racers [Re: WHITEDART] #1504762
10/03/13 05:45 PM
10/03/13 05:45 PM
Central California
MoParFish Offline
mopar
MoParFish  Offline
mopar

Central California
Just a

7875005-c5.jpg (49 downloads)
Re: One persons opinion [Re: Dart Racer] #1504763
10/03/13 08:55 PM
10/03/13 08:55 PM
OHIO
T
THE GLASS MAN Offline
super stock
THE GLASS MAN  Offline
super stock
T

OHIO
Quote:

I just don't understand promoters who don't promote. I haven't heard a word about the event until I saw it on here. I would have loved to have gone, but already made other plans. Come on promoters...... you must have some way to let us know about your events. As a promoter aren't you aware of these forums????? Why do I put my email address on every tech card? It's got to be available to somebody....... I would think the track would share that information with someone who is promoting an event at their track. Then the promoter "hides" the event information. Like Whitdart asks what are the payouts and classes?

Yea I know if I spend the time to constantly check track websites I might see the event listed. But you are supposed to be a promoter, not just a have a race and hope racers will show up . Oh well....................

It's easy to have ideas on how to promote events, and it all comes down to the all mighty green backs. When a promoter has a bank roll of x amount, he looks at how to spend it the right way. I have found that the internet just doesn't cut it. Radio gets a lot of attention and gets the best bang for the buck. Radio = big bucks and the promoters need a few sponsors to help out. Being a promoter isn't as easy as you think. 95% of them go belly up. Don't believe me? Try it. Be a promoter.

Re: california racers [Re: MoParFish] #1504764
10/03/13 11:29 PM
10/03/13 11:29 PM
bean town ....Ca
W
WHITEDART Offline OP
master
WHITEDART  Offline OP
master
W

bean town ....Ca
looks like they are going to have a gambler on Saturday. if more than 16 cars buy in

In the 8s N/A.with Brett miller W8's
5.07 at 133 at 2700lb
Re: california racers [Re: WHITEDART] #1504765
10/05/13 07:50 PM
10/05/13 07:50 PM
SoCal
J
jake4cars Offline
top fuel
jake4cars  Offline
top fuel
J

SoCal
Great show, met some guys, a couple of real nice 64 Dodges and a beautiful black GTX among others.
Joey

Re: One persons opinion [Re: THE GLASS MAN] #1504766
10/06/13 03:19 AM
10/06/13 03:19 AM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

It's easy to have ideas on how to promote events, and it all comes down to the all mighty green backs. When a promoter has a bank roll of x amount, he looks at how to spend it the right way. I have found that the internet just doesn't cut it. Radio gets a lot of attention and gets the best bang for the buck. Radio = big bucks and the promoters need a few sponsors to help out. Being a promoter isn't as easy as you think. 95% of them go belly up. Don't believe me? Try it. Be a promoter.

There was very limited info on the web site. Very little local promotion. Even just basic promotion like flyers and mopar website acknowledgement and interation. Even thier facebook page didn't communicate. That's very low cost stuff.

A club member with a very nice 68 Hemi Dart Clone by AFX got Hotel reservations and was planning to trailer up. He called the number a few times to see the safety requirements and some info. No response back. No email on the site. He canceled the Hotel reservations and didn't attend.

If you are going to kick start something you need to be on the ball not let the "gimmies" slip through the cracks. If you are established you can afford to let some things through the cracks. But when you are starting off a new event... come on.

I do promote an event. An event much larger than this one.

I just didn't see much attention or seriousness from the promoters given to this event. Almost like it was an after-thought or just a placeholder for other commitments.

Page 2 of 2 1 2