11/17/08 09:47 AM
Tennessee
rj8806 Offline
enthusiast
rj8806  Offline
enthusiast

Tennessee
Quote:

Why don't the snake charmers come out with a customer service policy of satisfaction guaranteed or your money back?? .....

A bad experience 8+ years ago and you're still going on and on ....

The fact is, we do have a no questions asked "Return policy". It is outlined in our warranty and is readily available online. It reads:

"If the purchaser disagrees with any of the terms of this warranty, please return the purchased item to Keisler within three business days of receipt; Keisler will pay return postage. A decision by the purchaser to retain and install the item purchased will be deemed acceptance of the specific terms of this warranty".

It is expected that anyone spending the kind of money required to convert their car to a 5 speed, read the warranty policy BEFORE giving out their hard earned money. Fact is, most don't. That's not our doing. I for one take the time to read warranty policy's on big purchases I make.

It is also a fact that most guys doing the swap don't take the time to go thru the boxes they receive and inventory their items. Most wait until they have scheduled shop time or enlisted the help of friends. They open the boxes Friday night or Saturday, find that something is wrong and then go on a forum and blow up about "they suck or they didn't do this right" blah blah blah. Like DAYCLONA...I never understood that. Why in the world would someone drop 3 grand or more and then push the packages to the side for a month or more without ever opening the boxes? Donald Trump I could understand, the rest of us...... I just don't get it. It is for that very reason, we now include in our paperwork, a sheet telling you to open up the boxes and do a complete inventory and let us know of any discrepancies WITHIN 10 days of receipt. Hell, I have guys calling me now who purchased a kit back in 2004 and are just now getting around to installing the product only to find they are missing something. While I did ask them why they didn't inventory the boxes 4 years ago, I still helped them out and got them what they needed. Try that with Summit and let me know how that worked out for you.

As anyone that has dealt with me knows, we/I do everything I can to accomodate the customer. If we ship something wrong, I send the correct part, along with a return shipping label, to the customer. We do expect to receive said wrong part back within 10 days or phone calls will ensue. If that fails, then we have no choice but to charge for the parts until we receive them back. Even customers living Hawaii can have something returned within 10 days so that is not un reasonable.

Now on the other hand, if the customer provided the wrong information and subsequently was shipped the wrong part(s) because of it, then yes, you will be charged for the correct one IF YOU WANT IT SHIPPED BEFORE WE RECEIVE THE INCORRECT BACK. Other wise, return it to us and as soon as we receive it, we will send out the correct one.
Is that unfair? I don't think so. Try that with Summit.

For 4 1/2 years now all I have read on here is that you don't like Keisler or the product, we get it. Something happened 8+ years ago that you are unhappy with and like the energizer bunny, you just keep going and going and going. Let's face it, nobody working at Keisler right now was here 8 something years ago except Shafi himself. Fact is, I have been here the longest of any of the current employees and I have been here a little over 4 1/2 years now. I was hired in as customer service/tech support and I think my posts on here and my willingness to help out, speaks for itself. Ther are alot of members on here who have dealt directly with me over one situation or another and I can honestly say, none of them were unhappy with my customer service that I know of. I have given out my personal cell phone number MANY times to members of Moparts so they could pick my brain at nights and on weekends. Have you had anyone at Summit do that for you?

Good lordy man.....let it go already.

Richard
Tech Support

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: rj8806] #144745
11/17/08 11:57 AM
11/17/08 11:57 AM
The Dark Side
Fasbird Offline
master
Fasbird  Offline
master

The Dark Side
Yeah, like others, I've been guilty of doing just what you are saying. Opening up the boxes much later than receiving them. Kind of keeps everything together, without misplacing the loose items. But, that's me. No one ever said I was smart...

I'd prefer to stay out of this particular peeing contest, but one thing I can say, is that the Keisler customer service has been outstanding through all the years in my personal dealings. As an example, I ordered the hydralic clutch assy kit a couple years ago. This kit has been sitting in a box, as I am just now getting the '71 ready to put back together. I was talking to Gene at the Nats and he showed me the latest generation of slave units. After me telling him I still had the old style unused in a box, he even went so far as to offer to trade me out of the older version for the newer version for very little dollar difference. I don't know how more customer friendly you can get than that? Another example was when Keisler upgraded the TKO rear shifter bracket for better strength/fitment. I already had 3 seasons driving on the trans, and all I had to pay for was the shipping to them. They performed the upgrade, then shipped it back to me at no charge.

This is not a paid advertisement, as I am not one of those guys who get's national noteriety for doing high-dollar builds. Just a regular Mopar guy who happens to have put in a 5spd in his car back in '01. I think this was a season or two before Jamie came out with his product. Who know's, maybe I would have gone that route if it was available back then? All I know, is the Keisler product works great for me and the customer service has been equal to the task. Just another opinion for the mix.

Gar

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: Fasbird] #144746
11/17/08 02:40 PM
11/17/08 02:40 PM
Tennessee
rj8806 Offline
enthusiast
rj8806  Offline
enthusiast

Tennessee
Thank you for the vote of confidence.

While I do understand about opening the boxes and then "maybe" losing something, from a business standpoint, I hope you can see where we are coming from. Many times, our computer has invoiced all the items and then I get a call a month later (or 4 years later) saying, hey, I didn't get this part...... It's a heck of a lot easier trying to locate a folder that was filed 2 weeks ago verses trying to to locate a folder that was hard filed (meaning out of the regular flow of the filing system) a month or year or 4 years ago.

Richard

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: rj8806] #144747
11/17/08 07:42 PM
11/17/08 07:42 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
Well while I am a big fan of time on the job (people ask for me by name because I have been working at my job for 20 yrs) I do understand the need to weed out jerks.While I do not know who my Bro-in-law dealt with about 8 years ago he said the sales rep. that he made the deal with him made him feel like an idiot.I had written down exactly what he needed to order and he ordered it word for word with the rep from Keisler.So you are saying that if you make the mistake on your end you will not ship the right part until you get the wrong part back?
When I deal with Passon and I get a wrong part(very rare occasion though)he ships the correct one before he gets the wrong one
Same deal with Calvert Racing(Cal-Tracs)I needed a little shorter bar and they trusted me to ship them the longer bars while the new bars were being shipped to me.
Why don't you guys trust your customers the same way?
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: fourgearsavoy] #144748
11/18/08 11:15 AM
11/18/08 11:15 AM
Tennessee
rj8806 Offline
enthusiast
rj8806  Offline
enthusiast

Tennessee
Quote:

.....So you are saying that if you make the mistake on your end you will not ship the right part until you get the wrong part back?

No, that's not what I said at all. Go back and re-read it. I said that if WE make the mistake, I send the correct part, along with a pre-paid shipping label to retrieve the incorrect one, up front.

If the customer makes a mistake, then we ask that the incorrect part(s) be returned first BEFORE we ship the correct at no charge. If they need the correct one up front, then they need to pay for it and then we will credit them back after we receive back, the incorrect one. At the very least, I have re-sent the correct parts when I was provided a tracking number for the incorrect parts.

As I said in my other response, I don't know who your brother dealt with 8+ years ago but there is no one here now that was here 8+ years ago. I also apologized for his troubles on more than one occassion, yet everytime he posts in a thread involving Keisler, it's the same old rhetoric.
I cannot speak as to what happened here 8+ years ago. I can speak as to what happens here now and within the past 4 1/2 years since I have been here in customer service and tech support. Those who have had issues since I have been here, should be able to say that they were treated fairly by me.

Everytime a thread starts that has the name "Keisler" in it, it always revolves back to the same old crap. This thread was started by someone who was looking for benefits and negatives about going with either a Keisler kit or a Passon kit. Now look where it has gone to.
It has been posted earlier in this thread that we have the utmost respect for Jamie Passon and his product and that it has it's place in the Mopar community. For those who are looking for a deeper overdrive, then we are a viable option.

Richard
Tech Support

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: rj8806] #144749
11/18/08 01:42 PM
11/18/08 01:42 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

Everytime a thread starts that has the name "Keisler" in it, it always revolves back to the same old crap. This thread was started by someone who was looking for benefits and negatives about going with either a Keisler kit or a Passon kit. Now look where it has gone to.

Richard
Tech Support

Richard......you know that this will continue until those who don't run Keisler products tire from dragging the same "tale of woe" from post to post,.......plus the "mob mentality" syndrome takes effect........but generaly I find that people, seriously interested in running a Keisler set-up often PM me to pick my brain for my opinion,.....although I think I express it here enough ......and tips to avoid any mistakes or pitfalls that a first time installer may encounter,.........and I find perhaps half of them later contact me, to update me on their Keisler purchase,.....the other half are generally banking their money for a future purchase...........so while "Keisler" threads seem to always turn into a bashing thread, seemingly brought on by the "same o' same o'" group.........I don't really think it has any impact on someone's future purchase.......there will be those thar say it does?.......kinda like the same people who complain in Year One threads,.....but I sure they still purchase from YO.....regardless

Richard, hopefully, you may have "addressed" a few issuses in this "round"........and maybe some of those "issuse" will be out for the count?

We'll see next round

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: DAYCLONA] #144750
11/18/08 01:56 PM
11/18/08 01:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and this is why it is so important for a company to have a good product that works as advertised. and if a bad one slips happens to slip out the door, the company needs to provide good customer service everytime, every sale, all the time, because people dont forget. and they dont want others to forget.

i know that if ive read something negative about a company, it sends me in the other direction- unless its just from one guy who 'cant ever be satisfied no matter how much the company tried'

but when you see a post about a rude, unforgiving, uncompromising, didnt work as advertised or couldnt get any satisfaction type of company, thats gonna stick with you for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. its not like the olden days when you could tell a customer to get lost and feel confident that he can only tell a few people about the lousy service they got. but nowadays, theres the internet and one bad post travels very far for a long time

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? #144751
11/18/08 02:56 PM
11/18/08 02:56 PM
Tennessee
rj8806 Offline
enthusiast
rj8806  Offline
enthusiast

Tennessee
Quote:

and this is why it is so important for a company to have a good product that works as advertised. and if a bad one slips happens to slip out the door, the company needs to provide good customer service everytime, every sale, all the time, ......

And as DAYCLONA and others have said....our product does work as advertised just as Passon tranny's works as advertised. This thread was initially about comparing a TKO to an overdriven A833. Somewhere along the line, it took a left turn.

Comparing a bad experience that someone had 7 or 8 years ago to a company today is not accurate. Businesses, if they are any good, evolve with time and continue to grow. Keisler has evolved 10 fold from it's original beginnings 17+ years ago. Hell, I have seen it change dramatically in the 4 1/2 years I've been here. My point was a person(s) who feels like they got dealt a bad hand almost a decade ago cannot accurately say or assume that the company is still the same now as it was back then.

Richard

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? #144752
11/18/08 07:43 PM
11/18/08 07:43 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

but when you see a post about a rude, unforgiving, uncompromising, didnt work as advertised or couldnt get any satisfaction type of company, thats gonna stick with you for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time

Dan.......dosen't matter if we're talking Keisler, Summit. Year One, etc, etc,..........and I'm not making excuses for anyone here,.....but there are people, that no matter what you do for them, are never happy, never satistfied,......even if you've gone out of your way to solve their problem, and overcompensate their, grief, loss, labor, etc, etc,......their just never happy, you'll see it in any facet of life

Then there's another side of the coin,.....thats the one, where you have a "Mr Know-it-all"........who can't see his own short comings, but who knows it all!........so when he purchases a Keisler, or anything else that he's not quite familiar with, or has absolutly no knowledge what-so-ever, but fools himself into thinking nothings over his head, botches the install, can't get it to work properly, has various problems, all steming from his ineptness,.......attempts to contact the manfacturer, then starts a tirade of verbal assults about what a piece of junk he's got, want's his money back, etc, etc.......in which case the mfg. tries to aleviate the malcontents anger, and fustration, and offeres advice, asks questions,.....seeing that it's done over the phone or internet,......mechanical repairs aren't really easy to do!........so what happens, is usaully the results that we see right here, not just in a Keisler tread, but any thread for that matter........

I said it a few times here, when some people are having not just install problems with Keislers, but just about anything,.........a lot of times, if your unfamilar with something, instructions included or not,or past experience with something "simular" ......installation error, or operator error is usally at fault,......let me give you a perfect example,......an individual working with me, (one of those, knows-it-alls) installed a brand new Keisler, or attempted too?, when I got to the shop, he was having a hard time getting it into the bellhousing, I stopped him and questioned his "prep" of the tranny, and being a "know-it-all" said, "I've done this before!".....after argueing about "proper" installation,....."MR.know-it'all" had his way,.....long story short,....He completely sheared off the input shaft in less than 25 miles! .........after towing the vehicle back to the shop, I disasembled the Keisler 5 spd,....all this time, he's ranting what a piece of junk! .......guess what? "MR know-it-all" forgot to install the front bearing retainer BEARING! when he installed the hyd. throw-out assy,....which he was unfamiliar with!.....but he "knows everything".....he's "done this before"......I wanted to diassemble it before it went into the car, but he siad no!.....he knew what he was doing!...........and them he wanted to try and hide the fact, what he had done,....sent the tranny back to Keisler, playing "dum"......hoping they wouldn't notice? .......I told him to "fess up"

The boys at Keisler weren't buying it,.....in the end he fessed up to his ineptness,.......and Keisler, being GRACIOUS, as they ALWAYS ARE!....repaired it for free, charging nothing but shipping,........had I been dealing with this individual, I would have said you own it pal!.....I'll fix it!, but your paying!......So tell me, dose that sound like a company run by "snakes" as some would say?........I've seen and heard of many other instances, where Keisler has gone above and beyond their "duty" to make a customer happy..........

I could also tell you about a couple of other individual's installs, that were the direct result of "IE" or "installation error"....

Like I've said time and time again, I personally never had a Keisler install, my own, or one that I've done for customers, that presented a problem,....like I hear on this forum, I've never incounted any proplem with Keisler's service, before, during, and after a purchase!........believe me, if I had, I be jumping on the pigpile too!.......I don't get paid to use Keisler products, or "endose" them as some have insinuated, I pay for them just like the next guy!......just that when I'm "happy" with a product or service, I'll "endose" it!, and that's one of the problems here,....people are quick to cut down, but not quick to praise,
someone, or a company, or service, etc, etc

OK.....time for me to go back in my box!

4822313-0609day5.jpg (123 downloads)
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5