J
JamiePasson Offline
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
Gene,
Well, I do stand corrected. So, lets compare the aluminum unit to yours. We still weigh 9 less pounds with shifter and linkage. Seriously though, 9 pounds really never concerned me when building a car. Apparently to some it matters and that is fine.
DAYCLONA, I do love the "Whaaaambulance" comment. That had me laughing out loud. I never heard that before.

As for comparing quotes. Yes, when you are talking about ceratin vehicles switching and automatic car over, I am sure that we can be more money. However, be fair in bringing to light that we are dealing with CORRECT factory components wheras you guys are dealing strictly aftermarket. So, the thought process goes hand in hand with the theme of the car. If you don't mind having the aftermarket stuff, the cost can be lower. Its kind of like for example a valve cover breather. You can buy the "Moroso" slip on one for 20.00 and it will work. You might have to modify the valve covver a bit to get it on there, but it can be done. However, if you want the car CORRECT, get ready to pay the $100.00 for the CORRECT original breather. Unfortunately original stuff commands a higher cost. NOW, I am not saying that the Moroso breather is necessarily junk. I am just saying that it isn't truly CORRECT for the application and the reality of possible mdification can justify a cheaper cost in certain instances.
I can recall a situation well where a gentleman called me regarding a set of pedals that he bought from you guys and they were made to ONLY accept the hydraulic throwout bearing kit that you offered at the time. It didn't have the small "rivets" on the pedals for such things as the pedal rod and overcenter spring. So, once again, if the customer bought them, they are LOCKED IN to buying the hydraulic kit from you. Maybe this has changed now, but it wasn't like that before.

Compare a stick to stick quote and I think that the tables would be turned. Regardless, if people want a 5 speed, they will be willing to pay whatever it costs. I have seen that first hand. Bottom line, if you don't mind modifying your cars, the Tremec is a viable option. If you do mind modifying it, our unit is the way to go.
I'm not going to sit here and throw rocks back and forth. We are too busy.
Thanks,
Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: JamiePasson] #144725
11/12/08 01:33 PM
11/12/08 01:33 PM
Tennessee
Keisler Sales Offline
Keisler Sales  Offline

Tennessee
Jamie,

Well based on Pricing it would cost the average guy who is swapping an E body $448 more to go with our kit.

Here is the main benifit.

Performance

comparison

Yours Ours
1st 2.66 2.89
2ND 1.59 1.89
3RD 1.0 1.28
4TH .80 1.0
5TH N\A .64 OR .82(NOT REALLY RECOMMENDED)

The performance of one transmission vs the other is clear.

You have a great solution for the guy who doesn't want to take the chance he may have to modify.

We have many installs with no mods and very minimal on others.

Btw Next time your at Sema just don't walk by stop in and say Hi

Gene

Keisler Engineering www.keislerauto.com
#1 Choice of Overdrive Transmissions with Over 14,000 Sold
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: Keisler Sales] #144726
11/14/08 12:43 AM
11/14/08 12:43 AM
Nampa, ID
MadMatt Offline
super stock
MadMatt  Offline
super stock

Nampa, ID
Hey Gene,

I've been going contemplating the conversion from 727 to tremec in my '70 Dart for a couple of years now. I think I may have finally gotten up the nerve (and the money), but I'm still troubled by the need to cut the torsion bar x-member. Any chance you could post a worm's eye view of how much cutting is necessary on the A-body? Have there been any changes in the kit (fit-wise) since the days of the Green Brick conversion?

Hoping to be soon.

Some see the glass as half empty, some see the glass as half full. I just drink straight out of the bottle.
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: MadMatt] #144727
11/14/08 09:23 AM
11/14/08 09:23 AM
Tennessee
Keisler Sales Offline
Keisler Sales  Offline

Tennessee
Quote:

Hey Gene,

I've been going contemplating the conversion from 727 to tremec in my '70 Dart for a couple of years now. I think I may have finally gotten up the nerve (and the money), but I'm still troubled by the need to cut the torsion bar x-member. Any chance you could post a worm's eye view of how much cutting is necessary on the A-body? Have there been any changes in the kit (fit-wise) since the days of the Green Brick conversion?

Hoping to be soon.

Hello Matt,

We have made some mods to the trans in the area for the torsion bar crossmember.This has reduced the need in many cars. We still see guys having to notch the torsion bar member but it is small. There is some differences in cars and condition also plays a part in this as well.

I think I just did a little dance around your question.

Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason for this.

So with a little bit of this you will be able to do alot of this

Keisler Engineering www.keislerauto.com
#1 Choice of Overdrive Transmissions with Over 14,000 Sold
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: Keisler Sales] #144728
11/14/08 10:55 AM
11/14/08 10:55 AM
Nampa, ID
MadMatt Offline
super stock
MadMatt  Offline
super stock

Nampa, ID
Quote:

We have made some mods to the trans in the area for the torsion bar crossmember.This has reduced the need in many cars. We still see guys having to notch the torsion bar member but it is small. There is some differences in cars and condition also plays a part in this as well.

Gene, I know every car is different but are you saying SOME A-body installs can now be accomplished without notching the x-member? Just wondering, I'm not asking you to predict either way on my particular car.

Some see the glass as half empty, some see the glass as half full. I just drink straight out of the bottle.
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: Keisler Sales] #144729
11/14/08 01:36 PM
11/14/08 01:36 PM
Sugarloaf, PA. USA
J
JamiePasson Offline
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
Gene,
Thanks for the invite. I do appreciate it. However, the last time I did that it only got me into a HUGE "discussion" on this board that ended up getting the post locked and started a whole bunch of hard feelings. So, that being said, thank you, but I thought it better to not bother you guys. If I remember, wasn't there a guy there anyway? I didn't want to interrupt you.

Now to some math:

Here is my biggest problem with you guys saying that the ratios in our trans are so wide.

1st to 2nd gear change is 1.07 in our unit. It is 1.00 in yours. Maybe I am out in left field, but I really don't call that tremendously different.

2nd to third gear change is .59 in our unit. It is .61 in your unit. So, you are actually wider there. Again, I am not going to say that you are tremendously wide either. But in fairness, I never claimed that you were.

3rd to 4th is .20 in our unit and .28 in yours. AGAIN, WIDER!!!!!!

Yes, you have a 4th to 5th gear shift. However, when talking ratios, that is not relevant.

In my opinion, the ONLY thing that you guys have over us is a taller OD. Which is fine, however, it seems to me that strength might be compromised by doing this. That is why we didn't make a steeper OD. We were concerned about making the stongest unit we could. Regardless, I have not personally had ANYONE call me complaining that the OD was not enough.

Now, I know the story of the transmission fixture breaking at 1400 lb/ft of torque, but lets be serious, if this were the case, a tremec trans would be virtually IMPOSSIBLE to break. I think that we both know that his isn't the case. I find it wierd that if they can take 1400 lb/ft of torque, then why are they rated at LESS THAN HALF of that number???? I know this, If my unit could take 1400 lb/ft of torque, I sure as heck would not rate it at less than half of its capabilites.

By the same token, I am not saying that one of our units is unbreakable. BUT, I am quite confident that it will take more than 600 lb of torque.

Lets look at another aspect here.

Howabout how steep your 1st gear is?

The final drive ratio in each gear is calculated by multiplying the transmission gear ratio by the rear end ratio. I picked a generic ratio that is a good rear ratio in a car that is a candidate for an overdrive. So, lets do some more math.

Your first gear: 2.89 X 4.10 = 11.84 final drive
Our first gear: 2.66 X 4.10 = 10.90 final drive

That is a .94 difference. The way that you guys talk about how crappy our ratios are, this is a MONUMENTAL difference in gear ratios. No wonder why no one mentions it. So, why isn't anyone pointing this out??????? It seems like a relevant point to me.

Let me also say, there is not personal attack here at all. It is simple math. I am just amazed at how you guys "gloss over" the tremec's shortcomings and point out that our unit has such a horribly wide gear spread. The fact is: IT DOESN'T.

Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: JamiePasson] #144730
11/14/08 02:44 PM
11/14/08 02:44 PM
Nampa, ID
MadMatt Offline
super stock
MadMatt  Offline
super stock

Nampa, ID
Jamie,
As you can see from my posting above, I've been considering the Tremec swap on my '70 Dart for quite awhile, but I've been put off by the cutting necessary. I'd also considered your product, but was concerned about the ratios and the moderate overdrive. After reading your postings and doing a little math your setup is back under consideration. Turns out that even at So. Cal. freeway speeds there is only a difference of about 500 rpm between your setup and the Tremec. So, a couple of questions if you don't mind:

Do you offer a complete kit to facilitate the swap from a 727 to the 833? What kind of price would I be looking at?

What are your thoughts on the pros/cons of OEM mechanical clutch linkage vs. a hydraulic clutch setup?

Thanks!

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: MadMatt] #144731
11/15/08 01:18 AM
11/15/08 01:18 AM
Manitoba, Canada
DaytonaTurbo Offline
Too Many Posts
DaytonaTurbo  Offline
Too Many Posts

Manitoba, Canada
Jamie, I don't think anyone's really complaining your gear spreads are too wide on YOUR o/d 833. Now the gears spreads on the 70's mopar 833s were too wide, but oh well.

The only thing I would really like is to have a couple different o/d gearing options available for your o/d 833. Keisler's got a .82 and a .64 available, so you can go either way, but you only have the .8 available. For most of us, that probably makes about a 500rpm difference on the highway. Not huge, and probably enough o/d for most, just looks better on paper to have the .6x gear available. For me, the race is done at the end of the 1:1 gear, so the drop from 3rd into the o/d gear could be huge, it wouldn't bother me because it's just for cruising, not racing.

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: JamiePasson] #144732
11/15/08 01:28 AM
11/15/08 01:28 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Gene,
Thanks for the invite. I do appreciate it. However, the last time I did that it only got me into a HUGE "discussion" on this board that ended up getting the post locked and started a whole bunch of hard feelings. So, that being said, thank you, but I thought it better to not bother you guys. If I remember, wasn't there a guy there anyway? I didn't want to interrupt you.

Now to some math:

Here is my biggest problem with you guys saying that the ratios in our trans are so wide.

1st to 2nd gear change is 1.07 in our unit. It is 1.00 in yours. Maybe I am out in left field, but I really don't call that tremendously different.

2nd to third gear change is .59 in our unit. It is .61 in your unit. So, you are actually wider there. Again, I am not going to say that you are tremendously wide either. But in fairness, I never claimed that you were.

3rd to 4th is .20 in our unit and .28 in yours. AGAIN, WIDER!!!!!!

Yes, you have a 4th to 5th gear shift. However, when talking ratios, that is not relevant.

In my opinion, the ONLY thing that you guys have over us is a taller OD. Which is fine, however, it seems to me that strength might be compromised by doing this. That is why we didn't make a steeper OD. We were concerned about making the stongest unit we could. Regardless, I have not personally had ANYONE call me complaining that the OD was not enough.

Now, I know the story of the transmission fixture breaking at 1400 lb/ft of torque, but lets be serious, if this were the case, a tremec trans would be virtually IMPOSSIBLE to break. I think that we both know that his isn't the case. I find it wierd that if they can take 1400 lb/ft of torque, then why are they rated at LESS THAN HALF of that number???? I know this, If my unit could take 1400 lb/ft of torque, I sure as heck would not rate it at less than half of its capabilites.

By the same token, I am not saying that one of our units is unbreakable. BUT, I am quite confident that it will take more than 600 lb of torque.

Lets look at another aspect here.

Howabout how steep your 1st gear is?

The final drive ratio in each gear is calculated by multiplying the transmission gear ratio by the rear end ratio. I picked a generic ratio that is a good rear ratio in a car that is a candidate for an overdrive. So, lets do some more math.

Your first gear: 2.89 X 4.10 = 11.84 final drive
Our first gear: 2.66 X 4.10 = 10.90 final drive

That is a .94 difference. The way that you guys talk about how crappy our ratios are, this is a MONUMENTAL difference in gear ratios. No wonder why no one mentions it. So, why isn't anyone pointing this out??????? It seems like a relevant point to me.

Let me also say, there is not personal attack here at all. It is simple math. I am just amazed at how you guys "gloss over" the tremec's shortcomings and point out that our unit has such a horribly wide gear spread. The fact is: IT DOESN'T.

Jamie

Better watch out guys!....the waaambulance is just around the corner

Seriously, Keisler and Passon make GREAT products and offer GREAT service!.......and it's different strokes for different fokes.....the about gear spreads is rather ......I personally enjoy the Keisler gear ratios, esp the .64 OD.....there's nothing out there to compare with this!....nothing!

Of course Keisler gets my "Kudos" all day!.....but if I was building a totaly stock appearing 4spd car.....I'd go with a Passon box, for the ability of an OD in a stock case.......but again, it comes down to what the owner has in store for his/her car.......a forum pissing match really isn't going to sway a customers finial decision

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: DAYCLONA] #144733
11/15/08 03:08 AM
11/15/08 03:08 AM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

a forum pissing match really isn't going to sway a customers finial decision

From situations I've seen in the past between vendors, this is relatively pretty civil.

But worse than a pissing contest is teasing and namecalling. I don't think either position/party in this thread needs to result to that yet. It just turns off customers from making any decision.

Quote:

Better watch out guys!....the waaambulance is just around the corner

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: autoxcuda] #144734
11/15/08 12:48 PM
11/15/08 12:48 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
I think both parties agree that each other is delivering a good product to a hobby they both love.
Now that Keisler has addressed some of the issues that have been a constant topic of discussion on this website it now comes down to preference.I don't know if things have changed over at Keisler on the return policy but it used to be a horrible ordeal if you had to return something expensive like a Street-Twin assembly.A customer of mine purchased a street twin from them and was shipped a six bolt version and he ordered an 8 bolt wheel.Long story short they wanted him to buy another one(at over $1000.00) before they would refund the money on the one they shipped wrong.Now to be fair this was almost 8 years ago so they might have changed the return/exchange policy.Having dealt with Jamie I personally know this is not his policy because he puts as much trust in the customer as they put in him.
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: fourgearsavoy] #144735
11/15/08 05:23 PM
11/15/08 05:23 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Gus....we've all experienced problems with vendors, their human,.... sometimes policies get misinterpeted by employees,.......I've heard stories(on this forum) of customers complaints with Keisler,....I'm not defending or cruzifing them either,....I can only relate my experiences with them over a decade or so dealing with them,....sure I've had the wrong parts shipped to me, but when I've called Keisler, not Shafi, but the same people you, I or Joe blow, would talk to everyday,....they were always quick to ship a part/s out, and for me to return the part/s the same day I received the new parts,....I never had an issuse?......and yes there were times that a major part held up installation, but Keisler was quick to respond, often times overnighting a replacement,.....regardless of what your buying, it's always best to confirm what you have on hand before tearing into a car, if it has deadlines....I'm allways amazed when some guys start a major project, or order stuff days before their intended show, event, race, etc.....then start a crying/pissing tantrum when things go wrong on either end?,....being a vendor myself, you wouldn't believe some peoples expectations or attitudes before you even deal with them!.....or after you deal with them!......I know there's always two sides to a story......and yes there's times when someone is wronged innocently, we've all been there! at one time or another......but me, personally,... I've never known Shafi or any of the guys/gals working at Keisler to be anything other than professional and courteous to me or my customers refered to them, they've all come away with a good experience, and at often times become repeat customers

4815283-0000a.jpg (74 downloads)
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: DAYCLONA] #144736
11/15/08 05:55 PM
11/15/08 05:55 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Offline
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Offline
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
Oh yeah I have been to that mountain before and you haven't lived until you've had the "Summit experience" They take your info,take your money,then hand you the wrong part.After that you get to go through the entire process again and hope it's right this time
I will be honest and say I have got the wrong part from Jamie before but he had the correct part on it's way and didn't charge me for the correct part before he received it back.Now that clutch deal happened to my bro-inlaw and he didn't have another $1100.00 in the bank and he thought it was wrong he would have to pay to ship it back and buy another unit for a mistake on Keislers end.So you think that this is a good way to earn customers?
So you would tell your customer"Hey Joe Blow they shipped me the wrong clutch so I will need another grand and an extra $60.00 the ship it back to them and they won't credit your account until they receive it" You have to admit that on some level that is wrong huh ???
Gus

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: fourgearsavoy] #144737
11/15/08 06:49 PM
11/15/08 06:49 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

So you would tell your customer"Hey Joe Blow they shipped me the wrong clutch so I will need another grand and an extra $60.00 the ship it back to them and they won't credit your account until they receive it" You have to admit that on some level that is wrong huh ???
Gus

Yes Gus that is WRONG, by any standard, any company,......but not knowing the circumstances, and not being there, I can't comment on the event, I have no basis.....like I said earlier all I can do is relate my personal experiences or any my customers, refered to them, and their experiences as relayed back to me,...which to date, I've only recieved one customer "complaint",if you want to call it that? and that was a wrong set of pedals shipped out to a customer,( Keisler insisted they were correct, but they weren't)....my responce was call Keisler, if you have a problem, call me......it was easly rectified,....Keisler sent out another set and had the others returned......I've had wrong parts sent to me before, but never once told, I had to purchase a replacement part or even pay shipping! for their error, they ALLWAYS handeled it professionaly like one would expect...........I'm not relating this to your bro-in-laws ordeal,....but like I said before being a vendor you'd be surprised the number of people who misinterpet a vendors policies, comments.... or ones who try "to get OVER on you" in business dealings......generally if you run a business poorly, you ain't gonna be around too long......I've found Keisler to be very professional in any of my dealings with them, like I would expect them to be, even when a mistake was on my behalf.......(a problem, which some customers,regardless of whom they are dealing with, hate to emit to!)

4815503-0000a.jpg (40 downloads)
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: DAYCLONA] #144738
11/16/08 10:01 AM
11/16/08 10:01 AM
Answering the call of the wild
T
ThermoQuad Offline
top fuel
ThermoQuad  Offline
top fuel
T

Answering the call of the wild
Why don't the snake charmers come out with a customer service policy of satisfaction guaranteed or your money back?? It is supposed to be a perfect fit product so why not?? The truth is the product is not a perfect fit and they are snakes. Snakes slither last I checked...

For over 6 yrs now we have talked constantly about the lack of customer service and fitment problems, along with no reasonable return policy whatsoever. Threads have been locked, people have gone to swap meets and confronted the snake charmers Nothing has changed except for some paid promotion from some blind customers.

Overheard at a swap meat at the snake charmer school swap spot...

They sent him the wrong flywheel(he has a cast crank).

The master cyl for hydraulic clutch was bad.

The trans was jambed and had to be 'broken in' before street driving,

The sheet metal supplied for conversion was a poor attempt

The shifter sucked and buzzed(subsequently fixed by having to replace the shifter mechanism),

The adapter for shifter supplied was poor quality.

The customer berated the head snake to death calling him derogatory names and commenting on his ineptness when it comes to PROPERLY engineering product...

And once thought only unique to unrestored purple AAR cuda's...drumroll please...The driveline angles were way off...

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: DAYCLONA] #144739
11/16/08 10:23 AM
11/16/08 10:23 AM
Sugarloaf, PA. USA
J
JamiePasson Offline
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
DAYCLONA
I have NOTHING personal against Keisler. PERIOD! However, all joking aside, how is what I posted something that should call the Whaaambulance out? I didn't pick at them, call them names, say that their product was bad or ANYTHING of the sort. I just simply answered their largest claim as to the shorcoming of our trans, which is how wide the gear spread is on ours. I don't think that EVERYONE is saying that. I think that Keisler is saying it. I have personally seen MANY posts in the past about "how our gear spread is so wide and that is why their setup is better." I don't tak this claim personally. Nor do I think that I replied to it in a personal manner. I just simply explained the math problem. Now that it is out, why should I get the Whaaambulance called on me. You OBVIOUSLY had a GREAT experience with Keisler. That is fine. However, to be honest with you, I feel that because I brought some hard facts to the table that really disprove one of their gear spread claims, it seems to have upset you. Thats not really fair. I am glad that you had a good experience with them.

You are right. If someone wants a 5 speed, they are buying a 5 speed no matter what they have to do to the car to fit it period. I am not trying to change their minds. I am just pointing out simple facts as far as ratios. They are not near what they say they are.

Uh oh, I hear a siren as I am typing this. I better go. Hopefully the Whaaaambulance will go by and not stop for me!

Hopefully there are no hard feelings. None were meant to ANYONE.

Jamie.

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: JamiePasson] #144740
11/16/08 01:59 PM
11/16/08 01:59 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Uh oh, I hear a siren as I am typing this. I better go. Hopefully the Whaaaambulance will go by and not stop for me!

Hopefully there are no hard feelings. None were meant to ANYONE.

Jamie.

Same here Jamie, no malice is intended, the Waaambulance is just a jest to break any tension......like I've said earlier the Keisler vs Passon, vs GV, vs Doug Nash, Vs......? will go on forever on this forum and dozens of others.......

If some people are swayed by a forum concensious, so be it,........any comments I make about Keislers products are a direct and honest account of my experiences in dealing with them, just as I'm sure other's comments are, be they negitive or positive........I "favor" or "endorse" Keisler's product because I like the benefits of the application, and any of my/ customers dealings with Keisler have always been positive

I've talked with many people running the Passon gear box, and they are just as passionate (no pun intended) and dedicated to your product as I am to Keisler's product........you have a great product and service to offer as well to the hobby

I too, do find the squabbles between the variables offered between you and Keisler, regardless of who starts the "apples to oranges" comparisions rather trifle.........but it's human nature to argue who's better, who's not........I prefere to offer my experience with a product in question, and offer the pro's and con's of it's implementation........and leave the decision in the end to the customer/ reader

Jamie, as I sure your aware, sometimes it's hard to "read" what's being conveyed in a post, because the reader can't see any emotion, attitude from the poster,.......I have great respect for Passon,......I'm sure you've never heard a bad word from me about your product/ service and never will, although I personaly prefere the Keisler applications,.....you'll see in my past posts, that I also endose the use of your product, should a customer desire that form of application,..... So I apologize if my "manner" or "style" of posting comments, may have offended you, but it's my nature,....I'm just a "masshole"

Mike

4817040-0000a.jpg (72 downloads)
Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: ThermoQuad] #144741
11/16/08 03:40 PM
11/16/08 03:40 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

Why don't the snake charmers come out with a customer service policy of satisfaction guaranteed or your money back?? It is supposed to be a perfect fit product so why not?? The truth is the product is not a perfect fit and they are snakes. Snakes slither last I checked...

For over 6 yrs now we have talked constantly about the lack of customer service and fitment problems, along with no reasonable return policy whatsoever. Threads have been locked, people have gone to swap meets and confronted the snake charmers Nothing has changed except for some paid promotion from some blind customers.

Tom,.....I've seen your posts for many years, and while I can't speak on Keisler's behalf, I can only expound my experiences with them,...regarding their Customer service, I've never had any problems getting assistance when needed, wether it be verbal assistance or a part replaced, or exchanged,......I don't know what you mean by a "resasonable" return policy,....perhaps you should elaborate?.......and I'm neither paid nor compensated by Keisler for any "promotion",....and last I checked, my vision was 20/20 both eyes, hindsight not included!

Overheard at a swap meat at the snake charmer school swap spot...

They sent him the wrong flywheel(he has a cast crank).

Tom, I had this same problem with Keisler, Hays, and Summit, and PAW as well......guess what, a simple call, it was returned and replaced

The master cyl for hydraulic clutch was bad.

I've had this problem ONCE with Keisler, in their "defense", they don't make the master, merely offer it,.....but guess what, a phone call later, a replacement was on the way

The trans was jambed and had to be 'broken in' before street driving,

Not too sure what your trying to convey here?....but if your refereing to the intial break in period, yes the Keisler TKO 5 spd is "balky" in 1st and reverse gear for about the first 2-300 miles, after that shifting is no longer a problem,......I take it, you had to crawl before walking also

The sheet metal supplied for conversion was a poor attempt

Yes!,...in full agreement with you Tom, a factory style hump should be supplied with the kit, if not the customer should be made aware of the need for one

The shifter sucked and buzzed(subsequently fixed by having to replace the shifter mechanism),

On some applications, many years ago, the first generation shifter tower would exhibit a "buzzsaw" vibration at certain speeds/ RPM's.....The issuse has been eliminated with the Keisler 3rd generation shift tower, if I recall in some past threads, Richard at Keisler went out of his way to replace any readers/posters on Moparts who had old shift towers with new 3rd generation shifters if they requested for no charge

The adapter for shifter supplied was poor quality.

Yes, some of the early adapters were aluminum, and would not hold up to prolonged use, I've experienced that myself, and conveyed my concerns to Keisler, guess what.....a steel/ improved replacement(s) were issued, no charge

The customer berated the head snake to death calling him derogatory names and commenting on his ineptness when it comes to PROPERLY engineering product...

Well Tom,....I've VOLUNTEERED (meaning no pay or compensation Tom) my time/ effort at manning a quite a few Keisler venues around the east/mid coast shows, Mopar, and multi-make, also displaying my products, equipped with Keislers TKO and plus4 Auto applications,........never once experienced any "distraught" customers,....I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I would think the old saying,...."You can get more with honey, than ".....goes a long way for either one involved, anyone who runs any business has had to deal with an irate customer, regards of who's right or wrong

And once thought only unique to unrestored purple AAR cuda's...drumroll please...The driveline angles were way off...

Well....Tom, if your installing any item into a vehicle, that it wasn't intended for, regardless of wether it's promoted as "bolt in",...."perfect fit", etc. etc.....I myself would be very diligent in making sure that the installation was proper, and if the driveline needed to be "re-phased",....so be it, there's a lot of variables between applications, that can't be addressed, or known about, until the part(s) are in the field,.....regarding driveline angles, I often find, it's the owner who is addimantly against modifing the crossmember, or floor to properly phase a driveline if needed,.....granted most people are ill-equipped for fabrication, they lack the tools/ and/or knowledge,....I've corrected a few ill attempts of some of my customers "home" Keisler installs that were the direct result of installtion errors, or not having a "working" knowledge of a driveline, it's componets, and proper installation,.....they were always quick to blame Keisler, but blind to their own shortcomings

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: NV69B7RR] #144742
11/16/08 04:52 PM
11/16/08 04:52 PM
iowa
copchaser Offline
super stock
copchaser  Offline
super stock

iowa
I've run all three overdrive tranys, I feel the Passon one is by far the best. Gearvenders is a force to recon with if you have a heavy car that makes unreal power they are the only way to go. Now if you want to collect a bunch of broken ford mustang tranys, by a Keisler. A Keisler is fine behind a gutless small block. As far as service, Jamie is the man, and with Keisler, a stop at your local junkyard should beable to hook you up with parts. So yes I will run a Passon trany again, and I will run gearvenders again, got one in my moterhome.

Re: Keisler 5spd or Passon 4spd O/D opinions? [Re: copchaser] #144743
11/16/08 06:59 PM
11/16/08 06:59 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

I've run all three overdrive tranys, I feel the Passon one is by far the best. Gearvenders is a force to recon with if you have a heavy car that makes unreal power they are the only way to go. Now if you want to collect a bunch of broken ford mustang tranys, by a Keisler. A Keisler is fine behind a gutless small block. As far as service, Jamie is the man, and with Keisler, a stop at your local junkyard should beable to hook you up with parts. So yes I will run a Passon trany again, and I will run gearvenders again, got one in my moterhome.

Your comment dosen't hold much "water"

4817603-idiot.jpg (63 downloads)
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5