Quote:

I'm in progress on a 41 3 window coupe. While I do not have the "X" frame to deal with, I'm still boxing what is not. A word, a 69 B-body rear is basically a bolt in, there's a guy near here that has a 40 with this set-up. He went the 383 route, kept the stock front, and hung a rack and pinion from some compact on it. It looks scary, I would not try that. I'm planning to do the Volare/Diplomat transverse torsion bar set-up, and going 440/6pack at this point, but if one of the new SRT 6 speeds gets written off

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

The "X" frame refered to here is center portion of the frame, behind where the transmission sits. I know the 39s still had the "X", but just can't remember when it went away. I sure thought my son's 47 still had one. Old age is rough, lol.

You may also want to measure the track width (how wide the tires sit) of that Volari clip and compare it to the track width of your 41 coupe, I believe it will be too wide. A Dakota clip or even a mustang II would work out much better. I have installed 3 of these clips, but really have no love for them. I had a 35 Dodge I put that clip under and had to widen the fender width 4", and I had a 54 Dodge pickup I put a Volari clip on, that truck is wider then your coupe, the clip put the wheels right at the fender edges.

Also, I mounted a rack & pinoin on an original 39 Plymouth business coupe frame, it worked out pretty well, it really doesn't take much to keep the rack in place. Gene