NY
B
Beep Beep Offline OP
super stock
Beep Beep  Offline OP
super stock
B

NY
Is there much difference between the Mopar Performance distributor, Petronix, and a Firecore Distributor? I know the MP has bronze bushings, what does the Firecore and petronix's use? Who sells Firecore? Who does everyone recommend for re curving a new distributor? I am using a MSD 6AL box.

Re: Which Big Block Distributor? [Re: Beep Beep] #1385398
02/11/13 12:48 AM
02/11/13 12:48 AM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
Quote:

Is there much difference between the Mopar Performance distributor, Petronix, and a Firecore Distributor? I know the MP has bronze bushings, what does the Firecore and petronix's use? Who sells Firecore? Who does everyone recommend for re curving a new distributor? I am using a MSD 6AL box.

I use the MP unit with a 6AL. I like it. REAL easy to adjust amount and rate of advance. It's simple and it works. I Use it with an E-core coil

Re: Which Big Block Distributor? [Re: Beep Beep] #1385399
02/11/13 01:13 PM
02/11/13 01:13 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
someone was saying that the new Mallory built adjustable MP dists had something inadequate in their construction iirc & I dont remember what it was but as said being easily adjustable is a blessing. Myself I'd stay with the tried & true OE 70's electronic dist even tho removing the center clip is a pain I would curve it yourself & no matter what dist you go with or if you send it in or not I'd first find the initial YOUR eng wants with the vacuum gauge method & give that number to whoever is doing the recurve. & there's no way they can get it close even with you giving them the inital (tho it is better than them setting the initial plus the rest of the curve) without tuning it on the engine which you can do yourself for free & have it spot on.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth