Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
Quote:

Richard,

Please read above. I do have proof. Want to buy a
copy of the paperwork?

MAybe this is a dumb question...but why would the "paperwork" be of any value? Or something to be held in secret?

Re: vin question??????? [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #123124
09/23/08 03:36 PM
09/23/08 03:36 PM
Snowing in the north!
D
Dart 340 Offline
moparts member
Dart 340  Offline
moparts member
D

Snowing in the north!
Quote:

Quote:

Richard,

copy of the paperwork?

Maybe this is a dumb question...but why would the "paperwork" be of any value? Or something to be held in secret?

It's not, everyone else seems to be making a huge deal out of it. It will cost me to have it sent so I can make copies right away otherwise I won't be able to get it for a few weeks.

People all start being jerks about how something can or cannot be. If they the expert don't know
then it can't be and you are a liar. Most can't even read from the looks of the responses I have gotten, as they missed half of it. Way too big of egos on this post.

It's quite comical actually, and has been a great source of entertainment on this post.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: Dart 340] #123125
09/23/08 06:02 PM
09/23/08 06:02 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
Scan,email,post-cost $0 saving your reputation- priceless. more excuses- worthless

Re: vin question??????? [Re: stumpy] #123126
09/23/08 10:28 PM
09/23/08 10:28 PM
Snowing in the north!
D
Dart 340 Offline
moparts member
Dart 340  Offline
moparts member
D

Snowing in the north!
Not my reputation, you're the one who said you were fired from Chrysler in the 60's. Probably for not catching one the specials that got through.

Bad stumpy, bad stumpy.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: Dart 340] #123127
09/23/08 10:44 PM
09/23/08 10:44 PM
CT - just outside Hartford
Crazy73 Offline
master
Crazy73  Offline
master

CT - just outside Hartford

This thread needs to go the way of the dodo bird, original question was answered.

Pete
-1968 Barracuda 4spd 383-6pk
Re: vin question??????? [Re: Crazy73] #123128
09/23/08 10:53 PM
09/23/08 10:53 PM
Snowing in the north!
D
Dart 340 Offline
moparts member
Dart 340  Offline
moparts member
D

Snowing in the north!
I so agree, have a moderator delete it. If we
say Wand Tand F they will find it.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: Dart 340] #123129
09/23/08 11:02 PM
09/23/08 11:02 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
Never said I was fired. Ex means used to be. You can't even read english. When you get old enough to hold a full time job you will understand what that means.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: stumpy] #123130
09/23/08 11:13 PM
09/23/08 11:13 PM
Snowing in the north!
D
Dart 340 Offline
moparts member
Dart 340  Offline
moparts member
D

Snowing in the north!
Quote:

Never said I was fired. Ex means used to be. You can't even read english.

This has been unbelievable entertainment for me.
Thank you all. Moparts should thank me also as the views are up over 650!! that's awesome!

I have had a ton of PM's and even emails. I concede on the fact that other concept cars have arisen and been sold.

As for special cars, more than one member has sent me their personal history, memories etc on the fact that it did indeed happen, and specials, some legal others shady did leave the plants. Thank you for sending me this, all of you. It's much appreciated.

God bless. Oh and I believe in God, even with no
paperwork in hand, or proof.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: Dart 340] #123131
09/24/08 09:39 AM
09/24/08 09:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

God bless. Oh and I believe in God, even with no
paperwork in hand, or proof.

And if you did I bet there would be a price for it!

Re: vin question??????? [Re: Dart 340] #123132
09/24/08 02:43 PM
09/24/08 02:43 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Richard,

copy of the paperwork?

Maybe this is a dumb question...but why would the "paperwork" be of any value? Or something to be held in secret?

It's not, everyone else seems to be making a huge deal out of it. It will cost me to have it sent so I can make copies right away otherwise I won't be able to get it for a few weeks.

People all start being jerks about how something can or cannot be. If they the expert don't know
then it can't be and you are a liar. Most can't even read from the looks of the responses I have gotten, as they missed half of it. Way too big of egos on this post.

It's quite comical actually, and has been a great source of entertainment on this post.

It's always entertaining when all the "Experts" start saying what was or wasn't available from the assembly plants.

There were times when "extra" options were put on employee vehicles, those days are gone.

Nowadays everything is checked to make sure that the part on the track sheet (build sheet) is the correct one that was installed. Alot of the parts are scanned so the system can keep track of what part was installed. No substitutions no matter what. At one time the would allow some things to be upgraded if the correct part was out of stock (like a class 4 trailer tow if they ran out of class 3). Anything to keep the line running....

And yes, I work for Chrysler so I have some idea of what I'm talking about.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: vin question??????? [Re: SNK-EYZ] #123133
09/24/08 03:14 PM
09/24/08 03:14 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Quote:

It's always entertaining when all the "Experts" start saying what was or wasn't available from the assembly plants.

I fail to see someone making that claim, considering no information was given about the car in the first place.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: SNK-EYZ] #123134
09/24/08 04:07 PM
09/24/08 04:07 PM
Snowing in the north!
D
Dart 340 Offline
moparts member
Dart 340  Offline
moparts member
D

Snowing in the north!
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Richard,

copy of the paperwork?

There were times when "extra" options were put on employee vehicles, those days are gone.

Nowadays everything is checked to make sure that the part on the track sheet (build sheet) is the correct one that was installed. Alot of the parts are scanned so the system can keep track of what part was installed. No substitutions no matter what. At one time the would allow some things to be upgraded if the correct part was out of stock (like a class 4 trailer tow if they ran out of class 3). Anything to keep the line running....

Well at least there are a bunch of us on this board that know.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: Dart 340] #123135
09/24/08 06:20 PM
09/24/08 06:20 PM
Harlan, Iowa
69CoronetRT Offline
master
69CoronetRT  Offline
master

Harlan, Iowa
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Richard,

copy of the paperwork?

Well at least there are a bunch of us on this board that know.

Many people claim 'special' or 'extra'; few have proof.

Much of the confusion of what was and wasn't available is just not really knowing what truly was and wasn't available from the factory for a specific time frame of the producion year.

Many options were added, deleted or substituted during production. A late built car may have something that an early year car may not. It's not that the late car is 'special' it's just the option became available.

Much information printed through the years is just plain wrong and repeated in other magazines or books. If you read something in a book or magazine reagarding prodution information or options...trust but verify through another source particularly Chrysler released information.

Even Mopar info can be wrong. Numerous mistakes show up in brochures and books. Trust but verify. Do your own research.

Having said that...anyone making a claim that their car is 'special' or has something 'extra' that reportidly wasn't issued or released by Chrysler has the burden of proof to back up their statement.

As far as 'experts' on this board...yes there are some very knowledgeable people that have spent years researching and documenting cars instead of accepting myths, half-truths or out right wrong info about what did and didn't happen. They will help with accurate information if it is requested.

Seeking:

1969 St. Louis plant VINs, SPD, and VONs.
Over 2,000 thanks to you!
Re: vin question??????? [Re: 69CoronetRT] #123136
09/24/08 07:20 PM
09/24/08 07:20 PM
Blair County,PA
62maxwgn Offline
master
62maxwgn  Offline
master

Blair County,PA
Finally,common sense!

Re: vin question??????? [Re: 69CoronetRT] #123137
09/24/08 08:56 PM
09/24/08 08:56 PM
Snowing in the north!
D
Dart 340 Offline
moparts member
Dart 340  Offline
moparts member
D

Snowing in the north!

Many people claim 'special' or 'extra'; few have proof.

Much of the confusion of what was and wasn't available is just not really knowing what truly was and wasn't available from the factory for a specific time frame of the production year.

Many options were added, deleted or substituted during production. A late built car may have something that an early year car may not. It's not that the late car is 'special' it's just the option became available.

Much information printed through the years is just plain wrong and repeated in other magazines or books. If you read something in a book or magazine regarding production information or options...trust but verify through another source particularly Chrysler released information.

Even Mopar info can be wrong. Numerous mistakes show up in brochures and books. Trust but verify. Do your own research.

Having said that...anyone making a claim that their car is 'special' or has something 'extra' that reportedly wasn't issued or released by Chrysler has the burden of proof to back up their statement.

As far as 'experts' on this board...yes there are some very knowledgeable people that have spent years researching and documenting cars instead of accepting myths, half-truths or out right wrong info about what did and didn't happen. They will help with accurate information if it is requested.

First I would like to say, I have no burden. I replied to this post stating that anything can and did happen with Chrysler during those years
on the assembly line. I know this for a fact, as
do others who have posted on this. My brother owned one of these cars. This is a fact. There is
nothing for me to prove, and to be honest I wouldn't care anyway. I know what was. It is a fact that cars had things tweaked out on the line. Chrysler employees know it. Other than that, who cares? Some *ss who wants to rip someone off by doctoring documentation? Probably, this web board is littered with them.

Yes there are some great and knowledgeable people on this site, most are not. The person I know who even Galen recognizes as the A body expert would not be found on here because it's simply a waste of his time with all the drama.

And for the record, I did offer to dig up proof, but since my father is in another state it will take a few weeks. So for "dumpy" if you can in fact read AND comprehend, I know it's a lot to
ask here, another state doesn't mean I can scan and email the same night.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: Dart 340] #123138
09/24/08 09:18 PM
09/24/08 09:18 PM
Vermont
T
TrWaters Offline
top fuel
TrWaters  Offline
top fuel
T

Vermont
Oddities. 68 Belvedere wagon with 383 4 speed. Chrysler exec car.
My 71 440+6 Cuda with argent shaker and grille.

Who knows?

TR Waters
Re: vin question??????? [Re: Dart 340] #123139
09/24/08 09:21 PM
09/24/08 09:21 PM
Wilmington,NC
I
I go fast Offline
I go fast  Offline
I

Wilmington,NC
You know,you really need to lighten up and drop the name calling.As far as your comment about knowledgeable on this site,"most are not" if you have a problem with it don't respond to it.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: TrWaters] #123140
09/24/08 10:06 PM
09/24/08 10:06 PM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Quote:

Oddities. 68 Belvedere wagon with 383 4 speed. Chrysler exec car.

There's nothing really odd about that - it was something that was available to anyone in the public.

Re: vin question??????? [Re: I go fast] #123141
09/24/08 10:21 PM
09/24/08 10:21 PM
Snowing in the north!
D
Dart 340 Offline
moparts member
Dart 340  Offline
moparts member
D

Snowing in the north!
Quote:

As far as your comment about knowledgeable on this site,"most are not" if you have a problem with it don't respond to it.

That is exactly my stance with most topics on this site. I have PM'd a number of people here who have asked for legitimate help and have given it, if they want it, even if it costs me time and money.
I know other members have done the same, and my hats off to them, in the few numbers that they are.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3