G
gremlinsteve Offline OP
top fuel
gremlinsteve  Offline OP
top fuel
G

houston texas
here is my build thread.
hope that this comes out the way i envision it will.

the car is a 1967 dodge charger. bare bones no option b body with a small block stroker in it currently. started life as a white exterior blue pin stripe blue interior vehicle.

currently running a 408 small block/4 speed non console drive train.

here is a current pic of the vehicle as it sits on the american racing salt flats.
the car has a set of 15x10 on the rear and its running some 295 series bfg's for now.

cal tracs will be going on soon also.

the front end has a 1.08 diameter torsion car and ill be updating to Konis also.

the hemi i am building is based on a 3rd generation block. 6.1 liters to be exact. which comes out to a 370 inch displacement.
the block is a slightly used block from a srt8 jeep. since i closed my shop a few years ago i have a few of these things laying around so i figure why not build it ?

the block is bored .030 for a finished bore of 4.080. the stroke is coming in at 4.080 for a square motor of 426 inches.
the crank is a k-1 piece and is forged. the rods are a h beam design and use a small journal chevy pin. .927 wrist pins also.

the piston i have for the combo is a 9.0:1 piston based on the stock 76cc chamber of the 6.1 hemi head.

its using a 1mm/1mm/3mm ring pack of standard tension. the piston is built for a boosted application.

this is a pretty standard build on the short block and has been done numerous times by myself. i have one like this making in the area of 1200 hp at the wheel so i think it should hold up well for what i am doing.

the heads i have are a set of 6.1 hemis. the heads i ported and move right at 381 peak on the intake with a exhaust peak of 230 cfm. the chamber i modified slightly to improve the airflow and to help tame any unwanted detonation.

valves are a 2.08 diameter intake one piece stainless valve. the exhaust is a 1.59 diameter stainless btw made by ferrera. the valve train consists of a PAC pacaloy beehive spring. Ti retainers coming in at a whopping 4.5 grams each in weight. stock shaft rocker system will be used.

the intake will be a highly modified stock style 6.1 aluminum intake. runner length with be fine for what im doing and i did extensive port work to it.

the throttle body diameter is 92 mm.

the header system is a set of the TTI swap headers. that way they can match up to the TTI header back system i already have. oil pan is by milodon and motor mounts are also TTI. they need slight mods to get to fit correctly.

i will be using a srt8 jeep style oil filter adapter. it is a 45 degree piece and angles out nicely. i should not need to modify the k member at all.

fuel system is a tweaked magnaflow 500 gph pump i used on a alcohol/nitro motor. matching regulator also. fuel pressure will be set at about 60 psi.
using a mild sump i think and a 1/2 inch bent system from fine lines or a teflon/braided system. still undecided on that right now.
i have both systems so its not much work either way i think.

im planning on using e-85 in this build. so i am leaning towards the braided system.

i also have a vortech blower system. this was built for a srt8 jeep and is going to be converter to at least a t trim head unit. the brackets should bolt on fine and all with plenty of room. its a passenger side mount system.

i have a front mount intercooler system also. not sure i wanna cut anything on the car to install such a piece tho. this is a car i have owned for 25 plus years i bought from the original owner so i am partial to it.

here are a few pics for you to digest. most of the parts are here now. so the install will start shortly

if You Like Gremlinsteve. Gremlinsteve Likes You.
Re: my little project [Re: gremlinsteve] #1225829
05/02/12 01:18 AM
05/02/12 01:18 AM
houston texas
G
gremlinsteve Offline OP
top fuel
gremlinsteve  Offline OP
top fuel
G

houston texas
my pics are too big. so i have to figure out how to fix that

Re: my little project [Re: gremlinsteve] #1225830
05/02/12 01:19 AM
05/02/12 01:19 AM
houston texas
G
gremlinsteve Offline OP
top fuel
gremlinsteve  Offline OP
top fuel
G

houston texas

Re: my little project [Re: gremlinsteve] #1225831
05/02/12 01:22 AM
05/02/12 01:22 AM
houston texas
G
gremlinsteve Offline OP
top fuel
gremlinsteve  Offline OP
top fuel
G

houston texas
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum...mp;d=1319339112

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum...mp;d=1319339043

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum...mp;d=1319339225

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum...mp;d=1321502756

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum...mp;d=1321502756

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum...mp;d=1319339836

the machine shop has finished the block work. the crank kit is balanced and ready for me to assemble.

all the arp studs are in to include the main studs and the head studs.

i decided to run the milodon oil pan and there pickup. i also purchased the hays sfi steel flywheel assembly.
have a sfi dampner here also now for it.

the srt8 jeep vortech blower parts arrived. waiting for the t trim head unit.
the TTI headers are in the mail as we speak. i hope......
my camshaft has arrived also. its a custom roller i designed. 305/305 total duration. .627/.627 lifts 108 lsa

also purchased the FAST XFI fuel injection system. came with a throttle body. 92mm billet and uses a cable.

the front Koni shocks are in also. i am looking into new braking systems right now. i am leaning towards one of doctor diffs kits. 13 inch front and rear. would require me to buy new wheels and tires tho. we shall see soon enuff....

Re: my little project [Re: gremlinsteve] #1225832
05/11/12 11:51 PM
05/11/12 11:51 PM
Holly, MI
JackGTX440 Offline
mopar
JackGTX440  Offline
mopar

Holly, MI
I'm doing a boosted 6.1 build in a B-body too. Turbo 6.1 going in a 67 GTX.

Are you using the TTI motor mounts? I'm curious to see your plans for an intercooler. There is NO room in front of the radiator. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe an air/water cooler...