North Carolina, USA
S
Silverbullet2 Offline OP
mopar
Silverbullet2  Offline OP
mopar
S

North Carolina, USA
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a Firm Feel stage III box and a set of upper control arms for my 68 GTX. The steering is major slushy, and my alignment guy was able to get less than a degree of positive caster. It just feels unstable at higher speeds. I figure with the BIG 68 steering wheel the Stage III is a good idea. Am I on the right track here? Also, it's now got a hemi with repo exhaust maifolds and a mini starter. Will the LH exhaust manifold have to come back off to get the box in and out? Looks like it will! Thank ya!

Re: Firm Feel box and upper control arms [Re: Silverbullet2] #1208365
04/02/12 06:08 PM
04/02/12 06:08 PM
Buzzard County, FL
IronWolf Offline
pro stock
IronWolf  Offline
pro stock

Buzzard County, FL
Pretty happy with my new Firm Feel Stage III. I also got their 11/16" tie rod kit. Plus, a new pitman arm and idler arm; alignment, etc. It was a tougher job than I thought, but ...

You are going to need room to drop the steering box in. Things are easier if you just move things out of the way (I dropped my header on the driver's side) . I originally thought I could put the box in from below, but there's too much "stuff" in the way. Plus if you are flat on your back in a garage or parking lot, it is a real pain.