Pikes Peak Country
T
TC@HP2 Offline
master
TC@HP2  Offline
master
T

Pikes Peak Country
Unfortuantly the registery has not had any updates since February 11th. Certainly there are more than 31 members who have upgraded the cars to do more than drag race and show and shines.

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: cudazappa] #1207238
04/02/12 10:49 AM
04/02/12 10:49 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline OP
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline OP
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Quote:

Wow, its fun that threads like this get the activity up in the forum...

I bought a diamond ring, and that's actually part of the plan to get my car to handle!

Then I bought a new 904 from CRT (2 more weeks!). And that's going to help my car handle!

Next stop is Hughes Engines, for new Aluminum heads, cam, and assorted hardware, yes its related to handling!

This is the first forum I check when I log into Moparts EVERY DAY MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY!

I answer questions I have the answers to. I ask questions I hope to get straight answers to.

And if anyone doesn't see how a Tiffany engagement ring relates to making my car handle, well then, you should keep your comments to your selves!

I'll post more once I get my engine and transmission to my parents' garage (yes, buying a house is also on my plans towards GETTING MY CAR TO HANDLE!!!)

If people learn to answer the question that is asked, rather than giving an opinion that's outside question's parameters, that'll help. I remember too many 318 build questions answered with get a 340 and/or 360 that actually made me STOP coming to moparts for YEARS. That attitude has actually worked its way out for the most part.

(BTW: The wedding will be registered at Firm Feel, Hotchkis, Summit, Jegs, & Macy's )

I'm afraid to ask what cut the diamond was, since I have a lot of experience with Emerald cuts, and I mainly want to share in areas I have something valid to offer, and if I ask what cut it is, some one may say I am being "exclusive", and others will say I'm a wanna be mod , and others will say, if I am not 100% certain, "STFU". Maybe if we were all a little less thinned skinned, it wouldn't matter. Hope you enjoy your best friend.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: jcc] #1207239
04/02/12 01:43 PM
04/02/12 01:43 PM
Tracy CA
R
rabid scott Offline
"You're Where?"
rabid scott  Offline
"You're Where?"
R

Tracy CA
I like reading this forum and I've NEVER read the Drag racing forum.

I drive my classic cars daily and having a good braking, steering, and cornering is important, much more so than having a straight line car.

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: rabid scott] #1207240
04/02/12 11:22 PM
04/02/12 11:22 PM
MICHIGAN
DynoDave Offline
master
DynoDave  Offline
master

MICHIGAN
Quote:

I drive my classic cars daily and having a good braking, steering, and cornering is important, much more so than having a straight line car.

DynoDave
Walter P. Chrysler Club - Great Lakes Region
Member # 12304
1970 Plymouth Duster
1972 Dodge Charger Rallye
https://wichargerguy.proboards.com/
1977 Chrysler Cordoba
Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: DynoDave] #1207241
04/03/12 12:05 AM
04/03/12 12:05 AM
Fly Over States
P
PHJ426 Offline
master
PHJ426  Offline
master
P

Fly Over States
This forum should be a keeper with all the new tech out there, we need a forum to help bridge that gap from vendor and supplier to what parts exactly do I need to make the entire package work together.

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: PHJ426] #1207242
04/03/12 04:01 AM
04/03/12 04:01 AM
the frozen wastes...
Pale_Roader Offline
Swears too much
Pale_Roader  Offline
Swears too much

the frozen wastes...

Already...??? Who is it hurting to keep this one around? Are moderators that bored? Just keep it around. Sure, we dont get as many handling questions per post as a Corvette forum would, but it is getting better.

It doesn't hurt anyone or put anyone out to keep this around. It only helps, even if it is a bit slow.

It likely has a lot to do with the fact this one is not that old, and only has a few pages ov threads, so the search function, that does not work at ALL, is not needed here. Anyone who can read can have their question answered here about cornering without even asking it, 95% ov the time. Now compare that with the Q&A section where the same damn questions get asked over and over again ad-nauseum. In the higher traffic sections, if you dont see a pertinent thread about your issue in the first 5 pages, its FAR quicker just to make another thread about it.

This section works.

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: Pale_Roader] #1207243
04/03/12 12:46 PM
04/03/12 12:46 PM
NW Chicago suburban area
Mopar Mitch Offline
pro stock
Mopar Mitch  Offline
pro stock

NW Chicago suburban area
If I had more time available I'd be on this Corners Are Best forum all day long, and I try to get onto it more often... and THIS is the main place for me. Of course, I prefer specifics mods (suspension, brakes, lightening, etc) that are for our street cars being used on tracks -- parking lot autocross and road courses. This is a little "dream come true..." type of thing to me because I've had a passion for MOPARS (I favor the E-bodies from their TransAm history, but also ALL Mopars) to get them to handle better. Some of you know my history with my T/A -- I've proven that a MOPAR CAN BE MADE to handle much better than MaMopar originally designed. Its so rewarding to me when I compete and often beat most of the other pony car brands, and can help others with Mopars to experience the same.

One of my ultimate "dreams" is to have an annual gathering of Mopars for autocross and road course competition (or, actually "social" fun... location would be the main issue... I know that Carlisle has potential for a medium-speed autocross, and the California "Spring Fling" road course event is also a great gathering!!!... (hope to attend some year, if ever possible).

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!
Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: rabid scott] #1207244
04/10/12 08:36 PM
04/10/12 08:36 PM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source

San Jose,CA
Quote:

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: jcc] #1207245
04/10/12 11:14 PM
04/10/12 11:14 PM
Kalispell Mt.
H
HotRodDave Offline
I Live Here
HotRodDave  Offline
I Live Here
H

Kalispell Mt.
I have a couple thoughts...

Every single time I have ever looked to see how many people are veiwing this it is always being veiwed by 2 or 3 times as many people as the street-rod forum yet it is still with us for many years.

Secondly I see nothing about the race only forum being "drag" race only, I don't know where people get that idea

Lastly I think mabey this should be a section for all chassis stuff weather it is straight line, brakeing or cornering and even simple suspension stuff like how to change a wheel bearing.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: HotRodDave] #1207246
04/25/12 10:48 PM
04/25/12 10:48 PM
Ontario,Canada
brads70 Offline
super stock
brads70  Offline
super stock

Ontario,Canada
I look at this section daily, somedays multiple times a day. Lots of good info ! I gotta admit as much as I love Mopars ( classic)they suck in the handling department for the most part. It doesn't take a lot of money to really improve them though! The aftermarket in the last 10 years has really come around with lots of great parts too.

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: brads70] #1207247
04/26/12 12:43 AM
04/26/12 12:43 AM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Quote:

I gotta admit as much as I love Mopars ( classic)they suck in the handling department for the most part.

Do you have any experience with other American classic cars? Try driving a mid 70s Maverick or a Stock 68 Nova. The Mopars handled about the same as most other American cars of the era. Sure, the WS6 Trans Am and Camaro Z28 had them beat, but those cars recieved their best chassis development AFTER detroit had put horsepower on the shelf. I've driven stock and modified cars of several makes. They all have the capacity for good and bad.

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: Jjs72D] #1207248
04/26/12 01:16 AM
04/26/12 01:16 AM
Utah and Alaska
astjp2 Offline
master
astjp2  Offline
master

Utah and Alaska
I am hoping for more input from the experienced corner carvers ....and by the way, Diamonds are for adolescents .......Yogo Sapphires are for sophisticated women...and the Queen of England. Tim

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: Jjs72D] #1207249
04/27/12 01:00 AM
04/27/12 01:00 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Quote:

Quote:

I gotta admit as much as I love Mopars ( classic)they suck in the handling department for the most part.

Do you have any experience with other American classic cars? Try driving a mid 70s Maverick or a Stock 68 Nova. The Mopars handled about the same as most other American cars of the era. Sure, the WS6 Trans Am and Camaro Z28 had them beat, but those cars recieved their best chassis development AFTER detroit had put horsepower on the shelf. I've driven stock and modified cars of several makes. They all have the capacity for good and bad.

The 76 Camaro that I had from 87-2002 was a low level car with a 7/8" front sway bar. Over the years I made many changes but in stock form, it handled about the same as a Duster with the small factory sway bar. The Camaro stopped better though, since it had factory disc brakes. I can't believe that Ma Mopar waited so long to make disc brakes standard!

Re: Is the clock ticking? [Re: Jjs72D] #1207250
05/04/12 08:41 PM
05/04/12 08:41 PM
Ontario,Canada
brads70 Offline
super stock
brads70  Offline
super stock

Ontario,Canada
Quote:

Quote:

Oh I agree there were some really bad designs out there back in the 60's and 70's. I used to mess with various Chevelles (68-81) they weren't hard to improve. Back in the day aftermarket support for Mopars was non existent in my neck of the woods though. Nice to see the changes in the last 10 years of so!

Page 2 of 2 1 2