ST clair shores MI
M
moretoys Offline
top fuel
moretoys  Offline
top fuel
M

ST clair shores MI
I've had a few engines machined by best machine and a couple assembled by them(shawn).Last summer he did a guy I know- small block stroker (st clair engines),after I installed the engine,he showed up for the break in.valve lash, basic tune.So all involved knew break-in and set up was right.Very knowlegable/capable person imo .You can go to 5 different builders/they will all have there own recipe.doesn't mean 1 is better/worse than the other.They need to stand behind there work,so they will build it the way they are comfortable with.You probably need 6 weeks or so, for the work to get done.You better get going . All the places you are considering will be ok.Go with the one you feel most comfortable with.No place is gonna have a perfect feedback.Someone is going to have a bad experience with 1 or the other.For the money invested, overbuild and be safe.saving a couple $$ here and there could bite you back.
I was happy with the work custom speed did for me years back also.

Re: MACHINING PRICES??? [Re: moretoys] #1188491
03/03/12 05:43 PM
03/03/12 05:43 PM
Clinton Twp... north of Deetro...
L
Labratt Offline OP
Good Ol Randy B!
Labratt  Offline OP
Good Ol Randy B!
L

Clinton Twp... north of Deetro...
MT,thanks for your input! I am not going with Shawn..and SCE because they're close by..or their pricing..which is close to the same as the other shops mentioned..it's Shawn's friendliness..knowledge..and referrals from people that I KNOW personally..and RESPECT,for their intelligence,and decision-making! 6 weeks??...NO BIG DEAL!..I'll still be waiting on body trim pieces,I'm sure! The X IS NOT leaving my garage until it has EVERYTHING back on it!...ESPECIALLY the engine!

Page 2 of 2 1 2