Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Engine Builder Selection [Re: kingdust] #1132401
12/19/11 11:18 AM
12/19/11 11:18 AM
Long Island, NY
B1Johnny Offline
B1Johnny  Offline

Long Island, NY
hey mark i hope to have the car out in the springi cant wait to put that chevy boy on thetrailer.he wont be calling mopars slopars anymore.i think he is scared he is talking about a steve schmitt motor.later johnny.

Re: Engine Builder Selection [Re: B1Johnny] #1132402
12/19/11 11:54 AM
12/19/11 11:54 AM
Michigan
S
Super Scamp Offline
mopar
Super Scamp  Offline
mopar
S

Michigan
Quote:

hey mark i hope to have the car out in the springi cant wait to put that chevy boy on thetrailer.he wont be calling mopars slopars anymore.i think he is scared he is talking about a steve schmitt motor.later johnny.
Quote:

I would like to see all B1 Boys at a Monster Mopar show and invite those x Brands and see who has thier ducks in a row. we have 4 of us running B1 setups this year. Looking to put X brans on the trailers.

Just One Man's Opinion Mopar Mafia Racing
Re: Engine Builder Selection [Re: B1Johnny] #1132403
12/20/11 12:23 AM
12/20/11 12:23 AM
long island new york
K
kingdust Offline
kingdust  Offline
K

long island new york
Quote:

SWEET, if i don't see you wednesday have a good holiday.. MARK.

LIFE IS A LESSON,YOU LEARN IT WHEN YOUR THROUGH!
Re: Engine Builder Selection [Re: mcat4321] #1132404
12/20/11 01:55 AM
12/20/11 01:55 AM
Rancho Cordova, CA
Exit1965 Offline
master
Exit1965  Offline
master

Rancho Cordova, CA
Quote:

i get a kick out of the "i do it myself" guys...
thats not me. i work at what i am good at, and i pay a professional to do what he is good at.. in the most part its not rocket science.. but experience is alot... i personally use BES racing engines, argueably the best in the business. just look at his engine masters record..
ill work a couple extra saturdays doing what i do to have the piece of mind that a real pro built my stuff.

That same argument could go for anything. Certainly anything to do with your car. Why bother tuning it yourself; someone else could do it better. Installing some guages? Someone could do a better, cleaner job, better wiring, etc.

Where do you draw the line?

The DIY guys, I count myself among them (though I don't have a really fast car), enjoy working on cars, so why would we farm out the heart and soul of a car? Of course most DIY guys aren't running at the ragged edge of performance where every last HP counts, so as long as we can live with that, and get the satisfaction of building it ourselves, then it's actually an enjoyable proposition/challenge. It is not a matter of not being able to afford to have an engine built, for some people anyway. It is a preferene to DIY. As others have said it's not rocket science.

That said I know this thread is how to pick an engine builder, just wanted to give the side of the little guy who would rather build an engine himself than have it built.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4