Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 >
Topic Options
#1117359 - 11/27/11 12:45 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: 71TA]
Pacnorthcuda Online   boogie
I Live Here

Loc: Kirkland, Washington
Image a Rev-N-Nator AND a Tornado on the same engine!!! Nothing could stop it! The world has changed...

#1117360 - 11/27/11 07:50 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Pacnorthcuda]
71TA Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Warren, MI
Quote:

Image a Rev-N-Nator AND a Tornado on the same engine!!! Nothing could stop it! The world has changed...

This may even top Chryslers RETROENCABULATOR!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4

#1117361 - 11/27/11 08:37 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: 71TA]
The R/T Garage Offline

Loc: Mn
Quote:

Quote:

This may even top Chryslers RETROENCABULATOR!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXW0bx_Ooq4

Hello Mr Detroit Muscle,
Thanks for your kind comments!!! We have used and recommended your products to many of our customers!
Thanks Troy & Laura

#1117362 - 11/28/11 06:59 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: The R/T Garage]
YO7_A66 Offline
master

Loc: Indiana
R/T Garage:
I wish you good luck on your new ECU box. The Mopar aftermarket needs a solid and reliable ECU box to offer to those of us who would like to run this style of ignition system. I can't imagine how much time and money it would take to try and create a new aftermarket ECU and I respect you and the other people in our communities that have the balls to create such an item and try and market them.

Note: It would be helpfull to those of us interested if you would correct the A/F ratios on the next dyno sessions so that we could review the hp/tq numbers that each ECU is creating while using the same A/F ratio.
340(SL.P. 226/238@.050,270/288 dur,.538"/.528" w/Yella Terra 1.65 rockers, 112 deg., 9.6:1 w/63cc Bowl Ported Sidewinders),RPM intake, QF SS-750 Annular DP, MSD Street Fire Ign., & TTI's. 727/Dynamic 9.5" 3800, TF-2, & 3:91's

#1117363 - 11/28/11 10:31 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: YO7_A66]
dannysbee Offline
master

Loc: Texas
Looking forward to some more Dyno pulls and results.

#1117364 - 11/28/11 04:38 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: YO7_A66]
The R/T Garage Offline

Quote:

R/T Garage:
I wish you good luck on your new ECU box. The Mopar aftermarket needs a solid and reliable ECU box to offer to those of us who would like to run this style of ignition system. I can't imagine how much time and money it would take to try and create a new aftermarket ECU and I respect you and the other people in our communities that have the balls to create such an item and try and market them.

Note: It would be helpfull to those of us interested if you would correct the A/F ratios on the next dyno sessions so that we could review the hp/tq numbers that each ECU is creating while using the same A/F ratio.

Thank you for the support!! My wife and I invested our life savings into this project, many grey hairs later and lots of sleepless nights, we finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! On the A/F ratios, We agree, that they need to be inline with eachother to get a better comparison. We will be doing a chassis dyno and engine dyno in the next couple weeks.
Thanks again, Troy & Laura www.thertgarage.com

#1117365 - 11/30/11 06:43 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: dannysbee]
gdonovan Offline
master

Loc: Oakdale CT
As someone who has done lots of research and testing on ignition systems on engines making 3+hp/cid I find some of the statements and facts presented here questionable.

Once the flame is lit at WOT the ignitions job is done and electricity moves at the same rate of speed in one ignition box as another.

Multi-spark ignition does have some benefits at low engine speeds especially if you have a chamber with poor burn characteristics and/or sloppy mixture.

More information is always welcome.

#1117366 - 11/30/11 11:59 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: HotRodDave]
Performance Only Offline
top fuel

Loc: Delray beach, Florida
i think what i'd like to see is the engine tuned to peak efficiency with each ignition system.
that means optimal timing and jetting for each system. it appears that, that might not have been done.
i see some pretty big changes in the scfm, A/F and bsfc between the 3 systems.

how does the same engine use more air but make less HP and torque??? there's a simple answer, but i'll just leave it at that for now.
i hate to say it, but i don't think those dyno pulls represent a true apples to apples comparison.
i'd be happy to test your box on a dyno mule that will repeat numbers run after run and report the results if your willing.

Edited by Performance Only (12/01/11 12:00 AM)

#1117367 - 12/01/11 09:33 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Performance Only]
Dunnuck Racing Offline
mopar addict

Loc: Northern Indiana
Quote:

i think what i'd like to see is the engine tuned to peak efficiency with each ignition system.
that means optimal timing and jetting for each system. it appears that, that might not have been done.

how does the same engine use more air but make less HP and torque??? there's a simple answer, but i'll just leave it at that for now.
i hate to say it, but i don't think those dyno pulls represent a true apples to apples comparison.
i'd be happy to test your box on a dyno mule that will repeat numbers run after run and report the results if your willing.

I have no idea if this ignition box is any good,and I offered to do some pulls for him in a P.M.....

One thing I see is he is excited about a developing product and posted some results. Give him a chance to post more results when he gets them.
I am guilty of jumping the gun and posting dyno results to often. People tend to want to give their "expert" opinions on eveything.
Maybe we should all just post a "worse" pull hp number and a "best" pull hp number and no other info like other people.
Keith

#1117368 - 12/01/11 09:48 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Performance Only]
The R/T Garage Offline

Quote:

Hello,
We understand your skepticism, this is why we have scheduled 2 more different dyno sessions, 1 chassis dyno and one with Lofgren Auto Specialties! He is one of the best Mopar engine builders in the country, and the most detailed engine builder and person There is. He won the Royal Purple Hemi Challange engine Build off. Has a excellent reputation up here in the midwest! He will probe the Rev-N-Nator inside and out! Like we said before, we will post this good or bad. Our goal was to be better then the mopar box! And if we com close to MSD or beat them. Well good for us and all the kool Mopars out there. We will keep everyone updated! Should have both dynos completed in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
Thanks again, Troy and Laura

#1117369 - 12/02/11 03:51 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Dunnuck Racing]
Twostick Offline
master

Loc: Downtown Roebuck Ont
Quote:

Quote:

Please stop acting like a politician and post the whole dyno runs. This is an infomercial at best right now.

Please show us the data from idle to 3500 rpm or stop hocking us...ok??? I am shocked how stupid you think we are.

"Average street cars" your quote...

Last I knew "Average street cars" typically operate between 600 rpm and 3500 rpm.

In his defense,and I don't know him ,or who is doing his dyno pulls,most engine dynos struggle to pull a high torque engine down under 3000 rpm.
For whatever reason,this dyno operator is starting a little higher rpm pull than that. It takes an operator a lot of time to adjust the dyno to pull low rpm's and some are not equipped to do so. Most are set up for 350 to 400 cubic inch hi-rpm screamers that make power up top.

Keith

You just need an old Stuska Dyno like my builder has. Throttle in the right hand and the water brake valve in the left. Those Superflo and DTS type 5 second "zinnng" pulls are a joke IMHO.

Kevin

#1117370 - 12/02/11 09:10 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Twostick]
Dunnuck Racing Offline
mopar addict

Loc: Northern Indiana

You just need an old Stuska Dyno like my builder has. Throttle in the right hand and the water brake valve in the left. Those Superflo and DTS type 5 second "zinnng" pulls are a joke IMHO.

Kevin

I don't want to get to far off topic,but my Superflow will pull low rpm's and can be manually controlled just like his "old Stuska". But it can also be set to pull at different servo controlled rates which allows repeatable accurate pulls that a manual test can't equal,which makes for better comparisons from pull to pull.Not every operator wants to take the effort to make the changes.
I don't want to argue on here,but if you want some information on how different dyno's work,feel free to P.M. me.
Keith

#1117371 - 12/17/11 02:38 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Dunnuck Racing]
Fastback67 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Norwich, CT
Quote:

We will keep everyone updated! Should have both dynos completed in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
Thanks again, Troy and Laura

#1117372 - 12/17/11 07:24 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Dunnuck Racing]
Performance Only Offline
top fuel

Loc: Delray beach, Florida
Quote:

Kevin

I don't want to get to far off topic,but my Superflow will pull low rpm's and can be manually controlled just like his "old Stuska". But it can also be set to pull at different servo controlled rates which allows repeatable accurate pulls that a manual test can't equal,which makes for better comparisons from pull to pull.Not every operator wants to take the effort to make the changes.
I don't want to argue on here,but if you want some information on how different dyno's work,feel free to P.M. me.
Keith

i knew one day we'd find common ground. i have no use for a manually controlled dyno. they're not repeatable and typically the Stuska is known for happy numbers to boot.

#1117373 - 01/10/12 07:25 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Performance Only]
gch Offline
master

Loc: Central NC

#1117374 - 01/15/12 06:28 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: gch]
SomeCarGuy Offline
master

Loc: Someplace you aren't
Let's not let this one die. If you are going to come on here and make a wild claim such as the OP did, you better back it up.

#1117375 - 01/17/12 06:36 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: SomeCarGuy]
DaveDudek Offline
top fuel

Loc: N of Detroit
If your interested I can do some dyno testing for you to. The gains do seem kind of big? Did you recheck the timing after each box was changed? To be honest just as long as the HP is the same as the orange box i`m sold. Our factory stock racing class 100 cars strong has just outlawed MSD`s, it would be nice just for the rev limiter. Let me know.

FAST 69 Hemi RR 9.98@139

#1117376 - 01/17/12 10:01 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: DaveDudek]
The R/T Garage Offline

Hello,
We have been very busy with dyno sessions and getting ready for production. As for checking timing, we have checked it and had to make slight adjustments between each ignition system. As of to date; we have gone thru 6 rounds of dyno's. Each time we have matched or slightly edged MSD 6 & 7s on 550 to 700hp motors. We will post the more recent dyno tests soon, however, we are going to wait this time until all testing is completed. As for the orange box, the comparisons at this point; the Rev-n-nator has averaged 12hp to 40 plus hp more! Just depends on your motor combo. You can call or drop us an email at www.thertgarage.com or 612-327-6722
Thanks Troy & Laura

#1117377 - 01/18/12 02:37 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: The R/T Garage]
SomeCarGuy Offline
master

Loc: Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Hello Everyone! This is The R/T Garage! We have updated news on The "Rev-n-nator". There has been many hrs of research and development with The Rev-n-nator in cars for the last 12 months and just finished nine hours of Dyno testing at Induction Research in Shakopee, MN. We used a pump gas 440 built by Steve Vermeer. The results were very impressive. There were approximately 30 Dyno pulls using a stock Mopar Orange box, MSD 7AL and the Rev-n-nator.
RESULTS:
MOPAR ORANGE BOX 518.8 Torque @ 3700rpm/ 514.7 HP @ 5700rpm

MSD 7-AL 519.7 Torque @ 3700rpm/ 527.6 HP @ 5700rpm

REV-N-NATOR 565.5 Torque @ 3700rpm/ 566.7 HP @ 5700rpm

This was done all on the same day with all the same settings and timing set at 32 degrees. We are cranked up about the results!! There will be a follow up dyno session in the next 30 days. We will keep you updated with the next results and scheduled release date.
WE UNDERSTAND THESE ARE HUGE GAINS, THERE CAN BE MANY FACTORS FOR THIS. THAT IS WHY WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A FOLLOW UP DYNO WITH DIFFERENT MOTORS AND DYNO LOCATIONS!!

Thank you from Troy & Laura at the R/T Garage

www.thertgarage.com

Looks like you are claiming far more HP and torque than an MDS 7-AL in your original post. Now it is just a little more?

These claims sure don't look legit.

#1117378 - 01/19/12 11:05 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: SomeCarGuy]
Fastback67 Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Norwich, CT
I try to keep an open mind, and wait until all the facts are in.

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 >

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
24,841 Registered Members
32 Forums
183,328 Topics
2,121,611 Posts

Most users ever online: 882 @ 03/05/17 10:15 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Repop Hemi Owner's Manuals
by 6PakBee
09/25/17 10:29 PM
Anyone measure A/F Ratio using multimeter with an O2 sensor?
by Michael Ecks
09/25/17 10:00 PM
How to avoid oil on small block headers at oil change?
by Michael Ecks
09/25/17 09:52 PM
67 Barracuda rear suspension help?
by loganscuda
09/25/17 09:40 PM