Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >
Topic Options
#1117339 - 11/20/11 07:11 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: The R/T Garage]
The R/T Garage Offline

Loc: Mn
We will try to answer everyone that we can, but we are back to work and off for Gobble Gobble day for a few days this week. Also we do not want everyone to get all crazy about the results, these our are first rounds of dyno testing, we will do more soon. Just was very pleased with the results and wanted to post them so people can see this project is almost done and showed some impressive results.
Thanks Again Troy

#1117340 - 11/20/11 07:20 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Tom_Q]
The R/T Garage Offline

This is my wife tooten her horn off in her 71 Charger 440 six pac with the rev-n-nator in it. She has logged on a little under 10,000 miles on her couple cars with the REV-N-NATORs in them.
http://youtu.be/cqvvHk-VQAQ

Edited by The R/T Garage (11/20/11 07:46 PM)

#1117341 - 11/20/11 08:09 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: The R/T Garage]
J5440 Offline
master

Loc: USA
Quote:

This is my wife tooten her horn off in her 71 Charger 440 six pac with the rev-n-nator in it. She has logged on a little under 10,000 miles on her couple cars with the REV-N-NATORs in them.
http://youtu.be/cqvvHk-VQAQ

Looks like a sweet ride. The car is cool too.

#1117342 - 11/21/11 11:51 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: The R/T Garage]
YO7_A66 Offline
master

Loc: Indiana
Does the rev-n-nator work with a ballast and a non ballast setup?
Does it work with any coil (ballast or non ballast) or is there a coil recommendation that you can make if we plan to purchase this box?
It is good to see another Mopar ECU on the market!!

Thanks
340(SL.P. 226/238@.050,270/288 dur,.538"/.528" w/Yella Terra 1.65 rockers, 112 deg., 9.6:1 w/63cc Bowl Ported Sidewinders),RPM intake, QF SS-750 Annular DP, MSD Street Fire Ign., & TTI's. 727/Dynamic 9.5" 3800, TF-2, & 3:91's

#1117343 - 11/21/11 02:37 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: YO7_A66]
63CandyMatic Offline
pro stock

Loc: Land of the Brave, Home of the...
Amazing. If this device proves out to add 40 horse with a simple swap, you'll be a very wealthy man. Make sure you patent this asap.

I'm skeptical of course, as there have been too many magic inventions over the years that didn't do half of what they promised. Document everything you can and film everything closely, as that will greatly sell your product. If you're legit, you tube will be your best advertisement. Proof is what people will want to see.

#1117344 - 11/21/11 09:46 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: YO7_A66]
The R/T Garage Offline

Quote:

Does it work with any coil (ballast or non ballast) or is there a coil recommendation that you can make if we plan to purchase this box?

Thanks

Hello, Yes it will work with or without a ballast. As for a coil, stock or any aftermarket coil will work fine. If you like a stock look, we recommend a MSD blaster 2 or an Accel Super Stock. On our customer cars, we paint them black and mount them in the stock location. If you want to get locked in at the 149.00 price, leave us an email at thertgarage.com Thanks, Troy and Laura

#1117345 - 11/21/11 09:52 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: 63CandyMatic]
The R/T Garage Offline

Quote:

Amazing. If this device proves out to add 40 horse with a simple swap, you'll be a very wealthy man. Make sure you patent this asap.

I'm skeptical of course, as there have been too many magic inventions over the years that didn't do half of what they promised. Document everything you can and film everything closely, as that will greatly sell your product. If you're legit, you tube will be your best advertisement. Proof is what people will want to see.

Yes, we agree with you! We do have a patent on our product. We are documenting testing and have a couple more dynos set up to get averages for everyone to view! Thank You for your interest!
Troy and Laura at thertgarage.com

#1117346 - 11/22/11 06:40 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: The R/T Garage]
patrick Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Grand Haven, MI
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

Hello, Yes it will work with or without a ballast. As for a coil, stock or any aftermarket coil will work fine. If you like a stock look, we recommend a MSD blaster 2 or an Accel Super Stock. On our customer cars, we paint them black and mount them in the stock location. If you want to get locked in at the 149.00 price, leave us an email at thertgarage.com Thanks, Troy and Laura

so it's a simple as unplugging my old factory ecu or orange box, and plugging the new one in? my original 35 year old box in my duster took a dump and have had drivability issues since, I have 3 aftermarket spares, and chose the best performing one (it's blue, not sure who made it)--the MP orange ECU I bought idles like crap compared to the factory 35 year old one (before it up and died)

#1117347 - 11/22/11 09:15 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: patrick]
The R/T Garage Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

so it's a simple as unplugging my old factory ecu or orange box, and plugging the new one in? my original 35 year old box in my duster took a dump and have had drivability issues since, I have 3 aftermarket spares, and chose the best performing one (it's blue, not sure who made it)--the MP orange ECU I bought idles like crap compared to the factory 35 year old one (before it up and died)

Yes its that easy! However, we would recommend to recheck your timing after you install it, also it never hurts to check your reluctor gap in your distributor. Check the reluctor gap before timing it, because this can change the timing. Or you can choose to just bolt it in and go hammer on it!
Your orange box failure is one of the first reasons I came up with this idea. The orange box has 40 year old technology, they have a very high failure rate.
Thanks for your interest; drop us a email at thertgarage.com if you want to be added to the list.
Thanks Troy & Laura

#1117348 - 11/22/11 03:28 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: WO23Coronet]
THESHAKERPROJECT Offline
super stock

Loc: NORTHERN VA
Quote:

Why is the A/F ratio WAY off for the orange box and MSD? They are in the mid 13 to 14 range while the rev n nator is 12.5, that might be some of the huge gain.

This seem kind funny to me too that your a bit lean at first then a tad rich when you got the bigger numbers..may have been a bit cold at first pulls then warmed up to temp and cleared the plugs for the bigger numbers. Did you plug the msd box back in and get a lower number pull AFTER the big revonator pull??? Any track real world back to back times ?? I really like the rev limit feature and the plug and play with No balast rez. Does this thing have a multi spark ???

#1117349 - 11/22/11 06:43 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: THESHAKERPROJECT]
The R/T Garage Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Why is the A/F ratio WAY off for the orange box and MSD? They are in the mid 13 to 14 range while the rev n nator is 12.5, that might be some of the huge gain.

This seem kind funny to me too that your a bit lean at first then a tad rich when you got the bigger numbers..may have been a bit cold at first pulls then warmed up to temp and cleared the plugs for the bigger numbers. Did you plug the msd box back in and get a lower number pull AFTER the big revonator pull??? Any track real world back to back times ?? I really like the rev limit feature and the plug and play with No balast rez. Does this thing have a multi spark ???

Yes, we switched ignitions back and forth. Since these numbers are so big, that is why were going to do a couple more dyno,s. We will be doing a chassis dyno with a pump gas 69 coronet R/T with a 440 and will be doing a engine dyno with Chuck Lofgrens personal 440 6bbl motor. We will post all these results when we have them. (Should all be in the next 30 days)I think at that point we will have a grasp on a set of numbers to go off of. We did run my wifes car at B.I.R this summer, we did not do a comparison that weekend, but it worked without a problem all weekend. (That weekend was dedacaded to some firmware tweeks.) You can see I did add another dyno sheet, A/F ratio way off with a REV-N-NATOR pull. and it still made the big numbers. I think our next two dyno sessions will really tell us if we can keep making this bigger numbers.
Thanks and have a good one.
Troy and Laura at thertgarge.com

#1117350 - 11/23/11 10:20 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: The R/T Garage]
PorkyPig Offline
mopar

Loc: home in bed
I'm all ears but the results you posted so far sound too good to be true. I've seen comparisons of the "major players" ignitions before and the spread between the best and worst has been within 10 hp.

While you are going to the trouble, you might consider doing some coil testing. A lot of people seems to think coils don't make any difference but finding the right coil for a combination can result in worthwhile gains.

#1117351 - 11/25/11 09:16 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: PorkyPig]
The R/T Garage Offline

Quote:

I'm all ears but the results you posted so far sound too good to be true. I've seen comparisons of the "major players" ignitions before and the spread between the best and worst has been within 10 hp.

While you are going to the trouble, you might consider doing some coil testing. A lot of people seems to think coils don't make any difference but finding the right coil for a combination can result in worthwhile gains.

We are shocked at the difference also. We did expect to out perform the Chrysler box,s . This is why we have set up two more completely different dyno,s. And you are correct about the coil, a good one will help. Our first round of dynoing, we used a blaster 2 coil for all 3 ignition swaps.
We want everyone to know, we designed this box for the average street car and the purest that wanted a rev limiter that would be a true plug in with no additional wiring. So after our next round of dyno,s , if we come out on top again, well that will be Merry Christmas to all our customers and us.
Thanks again, Troy and Laura at thertgarage.com

Edited by The R/T Garage (11/25/11 09:22 AM)

#1117352 - 11/26/11 07:20 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: The R/T Garage]
Tom_Q Offline
top fuel

Loc: out riding & passing you
Please stop acting like a politician and post the whole dyno runs. This is an infomercial at best right now.

Please show us the data from idle to 3500 rpm or stop hocking us...ok??? I am shocked how stupid you think we are.

"Average street cars" your quote...

Last I knew "Average street cars" typically operate between 600 rpm and 3500 rpm.

#1117353 - 11/26/11 11:44 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Tom_Q]
Dunnuck Racing Offline
mopar addict

Loc: Northern Indiana
Quote:

Please stop acting like a politician and post the whole dyno runs. This is an infomercial at best right now.

Please show us the data from idle to 3500 rpm or stop hocking us...ok??? I am shocked how stupid you think we are.

Last I knew "Average street cars" typically operate between 600 rpm and 3500 rpm.

In his defense,and I don't know him ,or who is doing his dyno pulls,most engine dynos struggle to pull a high torque engine down under 3000 rpm.
For whatever reason,this dyno operator is starting a little higher rpm pull than that. It takes an operator a lot of time to adjust the dyno to pull low rpm's and some are not equipped to do so. Most are set up for 350 to 400 cubic inch hi-rpm screamers that make power up top.

Keith

#1117354 - 11/26/11 05:45 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Dunnuck Racing]
dusterboy15 Offline

Loc: ca usa
I think these need to be given or sold to people and have them dyno and see what they do. A customer satisfaction Guarantee would be best.

#1117355 - 11/26/11 09:11 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: Dunnuck Racing]
The R/T Garage Offline

Quote:

Quote:

In his defense,and I don't know him ,or who is doing his dyno pulls,most engine dynos struggle to pull a high torque engine down under 3000 rpm.
For whatever reason,this dyno operator is starting a little higher rpm pull than that. It takes an operator a lot of time to adjust the dyno to pull low rpm's and some are not equipped to do so. Most are set up for 350 to 400 cubic inch hi-rpm screamers that make power up top.

Keith

Hi Keith,
Thank you for going to bat for us. You hit it on the money!

Thanks Troy & Laura at The R/T Garage

#1117356 - 11/26/11 09:12 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: dusterboy15]
RobX4406 Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Overpriced Housing Central
IMO, unless the A/F's are equivalent, the data isn't worth much.

Last engine I messed with saw a 35hp increase when moving from a lean condition like the MSD/Stock orange to the rev box A/F's. Not uncommon to see similar increases when going from lean/rich to ideal ratios.

#1117357 - 11/27/11 12:16 AM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: wasacuda]
71TA Offline
I Live Here

Loc: Warren, MI
Quote:

I am not surprised at the results, The msd and the orange box are both using very old technology and from what I know about the revonater this is all state of the art components and is much more efficient. I expect a fuel mileage increase as well. I cant wait to get one.

I may put one of these and one of them thar 100mpg carbs on my Challenger Sheesh.

#1117358 - 11/27/11 12:35 PM Re: UPDATED DYNO RESULTS ON THE " REV-N-NATOR" [Re: 71TA]
HotRodDave Offline
master

Loc: Kalispell Mt.
Between this and the plug wires being hocked all over moparts all the time we could all get like 100 hp just by switching out our ignition systems with thease two components

I will definately do before and after tests with both on my next MPG project.

68 cuda 360 notchback SOLD

1996 Ram 2500 5.9 eddy intake EQ heads, mild cam upgrade great tow rig!

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 13 >

Advertisement
Sponsored Link
Forum Stats
24,841 Registered Members
32 Forums
183,328 Topics
2,121,608 Posts

Most users ever online: 882 @ 03/05/17 10:15 PM
Moparts Newest Topics
Repop Hemi Owner's Manuals
by 6PakBee
09/25/17 10:29 PM
Anyone measure A/F Ratio using multimeter with an O2 sensor?
by Michael Ecks
09/25/17 10:00 PM
How to avoid oil on small block headers at oil change?
by Michael Ecks
09/25/17 09:52 PM
67 Barracuda rear suspension help?
by loganscuda
09/25/17 09:40 PM