11/15/11 11:16 PM
11/15/11 11:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can anyone give me any ideas. My moms 2003 Sebring Limited Convert keeps losing the dash lights and the dealership has no clue what could be causing it. The lights go off for a while and then come back on all by themselves. Everytime we have brought the car in, the lights have been working so they can not find anything wrong with it. Is there some kind of a circuit breaker on the dash lights vs a typical mini fuse? Any common areas that might have wiring problems that I can look? Obviously, this is not a problem during the day but with daylight savings having the clocks roll back, it is starting to get dark at 4 pm around where I live.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: keep losing dash lights on 03 sebring convert [Re: ] #1114623
11/16/11 12:53 AM
11/16/11 12:53 AM
illinois
R
rbkt65 Offline
super stock
rbkt65  Offline
super stock
R

illinois
some mopars have feature when alt is overcharging,dash lamps go out to save alt voltage from blowing out bulbs-have codes checked or when they go out quickly check voltage at battery with engine running-if over 14.2/14.3-you have problem-

Re: keep losing dash lights on 03 sebring convert [Re: rbkt65] #1114624
11/30/11 07:17 PM
11/30/11 07:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, Im hoping I found the problem. After taking nearly half of the dash apart just to get to the 4 screws that hold the instrument cluster in, I tried sliding the cluster out to disconnect the wires. To my amazement, the cluster just popped right out with no wires holding it on! Wondering how any thing worked on the cluster, I looked behind it after I got it totally out and found out that the wire harness is clipped to the metal framework of the dash and the pins on the back of the cluster just "rest" into the wire harness. To add to the matter, the wires in the harness were loose in the connector which could have also been adding to the problem. Seeing no easy fix, I ended up putting dielectric grease on the wire harness connector and then reinstalled everything. So far, everything seems to be working and have yet to lose the cluster instrument lights.