Quote:

I used the Mcleod hyd t/o bearing with "NO" issues or problems.

Here's my story. Your mileage may vary...
I'm going to say at this point, the McLeod unit is the best unit to go with IF, IF, IF, you do the following:
Their T.O. bearing threads on to a base. You thread the bearing in and out from the base to get the gap you need between the bearing and the clutch which is ultra critical. The way it comes, as-is, from McLeod is not perfect. inthat the A-833 base is just a tad to short so you have to thread the bearing all the way out to the end which doesn't leave you many threads left. And in short time, with use, the bearing will finally spin off the remaining threads. The ultimate fix (ask me why I know) is to machine a spacer to add between the base and the bearing retainer, and to dril & tap two holes in the bearing for set screws to keep the bearing from unthreading off its base.

Yes, for a first timer, it may seen all like it's way too much hassle, but knowing what I know now, I would do it again in a heartbeat over the traditional all mechanical setup if I had to start from scratch (such as in an auto to 4 spd. conversion).

I will also add I have the luxury of having a lift and I had to drop the tranny a gazzillion times, it seems. If it's your first time and you have to do it on your back, or, you're having a shop do it that's never done it before, maybe skip the whole the thing.

But once you've completely done it, and then understand the mechanics behind it, it will all seem so easy now.