10/03/11 08:23 PM
10/03/11 08:23 PM
CT
GTX MATT Offline OP
master
GTX MATT  Offline OP
master

CT
Alright guys last year I had an electrical meltdown that toasted the ignition 1 wire on my 67 Plymouth, it runs from the voltage regulator to the ignition switch. I fixed that and had a strange charging issue afterwards that would fully discharge my car when all accessories were switched on. It turned out to be that the bracket for the flasher for my four way flashers was making contact with the wire and causing a short. I still never determined what the initial cause of the issue was but I had a suspect field wire on the alternator as well as a positive battery cable (the one for the starter) that appeared to have made contact with the headers.

Now to my current issue. The dash harness was unwrapped, checked, and rewrapped after the discharge issue. All accessories worked properly after it was fixed from the damage caused by the meltdown. The car did sit for about a year. The engine wiring harness was replaced. Now, with everything back together, I have no dome light and no flashers. The flashers operate with the turn signals on. The dome light flashes with the left turn signal switched on. The domelight will also flash with the flashers and the right turn signal switched on.

Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is a bad ground from engine to chassis.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street
Re: Dome light only works with the signal lights? [Re: GTX MATT] #1087899
10/03/11 09:00 PM
10/03/11 09:00 PM
Between Houston & Galveston TX
SattyNoCar Offline
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile
SattyNoCar  Offline
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile

Between Houston & Galveston TX

Have you checked your turn signal switch assembly?

A long time ago I had hooked up a trailer that had a dead short that fried my wiring. One of the things that was happening afterwards was the dome light coming on with the brakes.

After a lot of cussing, it turned out to be the turn signal switch had gotten fried.

Just my

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥
Re: Dome light only works with the signal lights? [Re: GTX MATT] #1087900
10/03/11 11:40 PM
10/03/11 11:40 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track