09/12/11 10:19 AM
It's a dry heat
gtx6970 Offline OP
Too Many Posts
gtx6970  Offline OP
Too Many Posts

It's a dry heat
my customer is wanting to add these to the gille in his Hemi AAR
and his originals are not in the greatest of shape. his originals are dulled and one is slightly warped. Is restoring these an option or buying new the only recourse ?

I havn't found any new clips, so do the clips off of originals fit the new trim?

so we're looking for some feedback on quality and fit

TIA

Last edited by gtx6970; 09/12/11 10:25 AM.
Re: AAR grille chrome accents - feedback [Re: gtx6970] #1073711
09/12/11 01:37 PM
09/12/11 01:37 PM
Florida
C
cataclysm80 Offline
master
cataclysm80  Offline
master
C

Florida
How bad is the warping? I'd think it would pull back to shape once installed. Hopefully the mounting tabs aren't broke off. They are side specific, so make sure you don't have two lefts, or something like that. After a test fit, send them to redo the plastic chrome, or just paint if your on a budget. The metal clips are the same ones used on the 'Cuda grill red lines, and were available reproduction from Year One last I checked (it's been a while). I found that the reproduction clips gripped to tightly for my taste, so I suggest sticking a little screwdriver in each clip and giving it a twist to expand the teeth. That will help to keep you from busting off the 41 year old plastic mounting tabs during installation.

Tav

Re: AAR grille chrome accents - feedback [Re: gtx6970] #1073712
09/12/11 02:14 PM
09/12/11 02:14 PM
Houston Texas
PAINT IT BLACK Offline
Got a CHIP on my shoulder
PAINT IT BLACK  Offline
Got a CHIP on my shoulder

Houston Texas
I have the ones from BEA that came with the repop grille. They are nice. When you get out in front of the car about 10-20 feet you can see that they have a bit of a.... I don't want to call it a warp... but they aren't "PERFECT"... damn near it though. This may be due to the repop grille, actually. Which I also have to add is damn near perfect as well. I am being VERY picky here.

With my previous set of original chrome accents, I was surprised how well they cleaned up with steel wool. When I bought them on ebay years ago, I thought they needed replating and the guy selling said so. But I cleaned them right up and they were VERY nice. Broken tabs and pits suck though.

I'd highly recommend BE&As parts if you can't find mint originals.

The clips came with the repops from BE&A btw and they look just like the originals. Prying the openings a little is a good idea before installing.