Atco NJ
DJVCuda Offline
I Live Here
DJVCuda  Offline
I Live Here

Atco NJ
Quote:

QA1 Acquires Edelbrock's Suspension Product Line

TORRANCE, CA (August 25, 2011) - Edelbrock is pleased to announce the sale of its suspension product line to QA1. This acquisition by QA1 will add over a 100 part numbers to their already extensive shock absorber, spring and tubular suspension product offering.

Edelbrock added suspension products in 1994 with a limited line of components for Camaro and Mustang applications. Since then, the product line has grown to include; anti-hop bars, k-member braces, panhard rods, strut tower braces, sub-frame connectors, sway bars, toe links, torque and trailing arms, along with a variety of other products for popular muscle car and late-model applications.

"These suspension products will be a great addition to QA1's current line and will give their customers a larger selection high quality components to choose from", states Edelbrock Chairman, Vic Edelbrock. "We are also proud that these products will continue to be manufactured in the USA."

This acquisition will include all manufacturing equipment, raw materials, current and future product designs as well as any existing inventory. All of these components will transition to QA1 on September 1, 2011.

For more information, call QA1 at (800) 721-7761 or visit www.QA1.net

ABOUT EDELBROCK
Founded in 1938, Torrance-based Edelbrock, LLC is recognized as one of the nation's premier designers, manufacturers and distributors of performance replacement parts for the automotive and motorcycle aftermarkets. Edelbrock produces their core products in the United States of America using state-of-the-art equipment in their world class manufacturing facilities. Edelbrock, LLC encompasses six locations in Southern California totaling more than 500,000 square feet. For more information please visit us at www.edelbrock.com

ABOUT QA1
Founded in 1993, QA1 is the leader in performance shocks, rod ends and suspension components for motorsports, offering the most complete line of shock absorbers for the racing / performance marketof any manufacturer. QA1 is also number one in rod ends for motorsports with over 5,000 part numbers and more than a million units sold annually.

With the recent purchase of a second manufacturing facility, QA1 has over 66,000 square feet of manufacturing space in Lakeville, Minnesota including a complete line of CNC machines, state-of-the-art injection molding machines, hydraulic presses, and laser-etching equipment that permit all inclusive shock absorber manufacturing and assembly operations. Its customer service staff is thoroughly cross-trained and supported by engineering and technical staff to address application and product-specific needs. QA1's quality system is certified to the ISO9001:2000 standard.

Re: Cap Auto Products - QA1 [Re: DJVCuda] #1045040
08/25/11 04:43 PM
08/25/11 04:43 PM
D
Dyno1 Offline OP
mopar
Dyno1  Offline OP
mopar
D

I heard this the other day. QA1 is really opening their product lines.

Re: Cap Auto Products - QA1 [Re: Dyno1] #1045041
08/26/11 01:10 AM
08/26/11 01:10 AM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

I heard this the other day. QA1 is really opening their product lines.

But QA1 already makes shocks. They won't be using the Edelbrock name brand. I thought
QA1 had a pretty extensive shock line but at a higher performance/cost point. Maybe this gives them a more affordable line to add to thier higher lines?

I wonder... is this just as much as expanding a product line as eliminating some competition.

You'd think QA1 with their shock backround would develop thier own line for cheaper. Unless this Edelbrock thing was a pretty good deal?

Maybe all the above in certain amounts?

I say good for Edelbrock too. They went pretty 'wide' with shock, suspension, exhausts, plumbing (Russell), and rims at one point. Maybe they with this leaning down they can concentrate on thier core. And dump stuff that's treading water (or taking on water).

Re: Cap Auto Products - QA1 [Re: dartman366] #1045042
08/26/11 11:30 PM
08/26/11 11:30 PM
mad, wi. usa
M
mjs69gts Offline
mjs69gts  Offline
M

mad, wi. usa
my up and low a arms k frame and srut bars all bolted in with no problems

Page 2 of 2 1 2