pro stock
His and Her 69's  Offline OP
pro stock
H

Oh
Sorry my bad Yes it's was 335 to 340.
That was the first time I ever used the spring tester so I was
learning as we did it.
I DID upgrade to titanium retainers when I bought the heads.
I will clean the pistons and see if there are any marks from any valves hitting them. I had plenty of piston to valve clearance when we built it. Timing marks are dead on and the billet timing gear assembly is still TIGHT.

Finished taking the crank out sunday and found the crank is in NICE shape, no marks or damage.
BUT did findout that after taking the main stud nuts off and studs out #4 main cap is broken.
Time for billet caps I guess.
Oh well more money to spend.
Maybe when my builder takes a look at it when he gets a chance he can find something I don't see.
David

Re: listen to your engine builder!!! /PHOTOS ADDED [Re: His and Her 69's] #1001935
06/11/11 04:49 PM
06/11/11 04:49 PM
Oh
H
His and Her 69's Offline OP
pro stock
His and Her 69's  Offline OP
pro stock
H

Oh
Well another update,
Took the block in to the shop to clean and pressure test and checkout things and now we don't need too.
The #5 cyl is cracked, it goes up the outside wall of the block about 3" long. It can be sleeved but I will not do that for a race motor so I will stick it back and find another block to use.

Man this is getting more expensive everytime I get into it farther.
Next week the crank will go in and get checked for cracks just to be safe. I guess it's time to check the rods and pistons and see what those need and start looking for a block.

More bad news later at least by the way it's going now. Hope Not though.
David

Page 2 of 2 1 2