First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of checking the board. We have been RIDICULOUSLY busy at the shop. That has pretty much left me very little time anything else.

I saw 64Barracuda's post and I wanted to make sure everything that everyone was hearing this from the horse's mouth instead of second hand.
Way back in the beginning, we were forced to make mention of this product probably 9-12 months earlier than we wanted to. This was forced by the expected announcement of the McLeod 5 speed unit. As everyone knows, that apparently was misinformation as this unit has not been released to date to my knowledge. At any rate, this unfortunately put into play a domino effect. It blew the lid off things and we have been trying to play catch up ever since. Including going down some avenues that were not fruitful during production.

One of the common questions I get from people is "have you been having any trouble with them?" As much as I want to say "NO! everything has been perfect!" I cannot lie to people like that. Anyone that has have ever manufactured something from a clean sheet of paper will tell you that there will ALWAYS be revisions needed. This project was no different than any other in that respect. We struggled through several issues. Some of which I NEVER would have thought would have been an issue. Some of these issues brought the project to a screeching halt in its tracks and took weeks/months to remedy. Couple this with an ever growing list of super excited people that are anticipating a true bolt in unit FINALLY and it becomes a recipe for disaster on our end. The extra stress adds to the time frame in different ways.

So, we have never been in a situation that we ever really had enough resources to make a huge production run of parts. It has been a small batch project. Well, this has not been working very well as most weeks the list grows two fold to what went out the door. Another issue is increasing costs of materials, machining. We will do our absolute best to try to keep these in check.

We are in the process of securing the production resources to make a much larger run of parts so that we can get many more built quicker. As soon as we finish those parts, we will be getting another run of parts in process so that they will be ready when we are wrapped up with the first one.

What is the end result is all I'm sure anyone cares about... We will be up and running under the new production layout at a much brisker pace in about 6 months. At that point we are anticipating having all backorders filled in as timely as fashion as possible. I am planning for a few months after that. Then at that point, we plan to stock the shelf with the units for very fast delivery.

I will keep people posted as often as possible as we are always running around keeping up with the 4 speed stuff too. If anyone has any questions, email is the best way to get me many times. Calling is fine, but you may have to leave a message and I will get back to you.
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com