Just an FYI: The 5th gear is engaged/disengaged using the reverse lever. An efficient, clean and insightful way to set up the shift pattern to be sure. The only downside to this method I have found so far, is that the nefarious factory Reverse Lock-out will no longer be able to be used, unless you want to forgo shifting into 5th, as it does still bolt up with the correct swivel, but won't allow it to move towards the 5th gear engagement position.

It's not that big of a deal to me to because I gain a 5th gear. I can't even remember all the times I wished I would have simply left it unhooked, as every once in a while it could be a bear to get it in or out of reverse. I'm surprised it was so tuff sometimes and easy as pie most of the time.

I stored all the stock parts along with the numbers matching transmission down in my basement with it's numbers matching block for the day I want the car to be underpowered, ill-handling and unable to stop well.

You know, all original for some museum somewhere. I when I finally start to loose it, and my ability to drive a 700 hp e-body on the street, I might even become one of those part number searching fanatics who look for the correct date codes on everything regardless of how well it works on the car.

Last edited by jbc426; 07/15/14 03:25 AM.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)