Quote:

Quote:

If business is booming, why doesn't the guy hire more people to get these things assembled and shipped out?

Suppliers can be the hold up too.

I got a call from Jamie earlier this morning. He was saying he got a batch of rods with a slightly incorrect bend. They had to wait to get correct ones from the supplier. He also said my trans and shifter are boxed up and ready to ship! He gave me a few tips and things to remember with the install too.

Quality and craftsmanship, they are worth waiting for in my book.

This has become a busy year for me and my two Mopars. My '68 Barracuda convertible is getting a new drive train upgrade, a automatic overdrive (a built 200R4 with a Powerglide bolt on bellhousing, HD 3000 stall- one wire hook-up lock-up converter from Precision Torque Converters and a 750 hp rating for the trans- they make one that holds 1000 hp and a bell housing is available for Big Block Mopars too. It's a nice option as it takes a lot less under-car modification to fit one in an A, E or B body)

The particular bellhousing I'm using fits Mopar small blocks and Gen 3 Hemi's). No more adapter plates and spacers, but there is still a bit of massaging and fabricating of a rear trans mount at the torsion bar crossover. There are several great threads about this over at A-bodies Only. in the Drivetrain section.

This '68 convertible's transmission is going to be powered by a fresh EFI'd 408 Magnum stroker with Hughes Super Prepped CNC massaged with extra hand blended Eddie heads, Airgap intake, Super Gulp throttle body, a decent sized hydraulic roller, Hughes bottom end and Hemifever's SCT tune. It should come in around 500+hp. I'm right at the beginning of that project and the short block is almost together. It won't be long, but I bet I get the 1970 on the road first.

I know, I know; it's a GM trans, but it requires significantly less horsepower to drive than the Mopar overdrives and it requires a lot less surgery at the crossmember. The only cuts required on an A-body are to small portions of the torsion bar crossover.

I wonder which car is going to be quicker to 150+ mph? the '68 weighs just under 3000 lbs, and the 1970 has to be somewhere around 3600+lbs with around 700 hp.

In Jamie's transmissions case, it simply bolts right in making it worth every penny and them some for those of us who would never want to cut anything on a numbers matching 440-6 car.

My hypocrisy with using GM parts in my Mopars only goes so far, besides you won't be able to see the transmission in my '68 and I won't bring it up at car shows. etc

Last edited by jbc426; 05/18/14 07:01 AM.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)