Quote:

I am sorry to hear that your buddy is having trouble. I am confused though... I could have sworn I saw those complete transmission packages advertised for like $3800.00? I'm wondering why there is a HUGE difference!
Thanks,
Jamie

Well the long version is this. I installed it for free, so no cost there. I did have to shed a tear or two as I cut up the hole in the tunnel for this tranny. I had just welded in a new hump several months before. He has had this car since it was six months old and it was an original stick. He can shift pretty good for an old guy.LOL. The car would not shift at high rpm. He has a 528 hemi from Aruzza. He pulled it out and sent it to someone in Fl(I think) to make it shift better. They specialize in that particular tranny. Not sure what they did but it did cost 1500 or so.He got it back and it did shift better but not that great. I can shift with the best of them and I can't stand it. It feels like driving my Diesel truck. Anyway, tooling down the road one day and showing his son-in-law what a hemi can do to the back tires and he shifting hard into 3rd and the thing came apart on him. He had it taken out and sent back to Fl and the shop said that he had received the wrong front drive shaft yoke in the kit and it did not slip on the output shaft good enough and when he hammered it it acted like a solid shaft and it tried to drive all the gears out the front of the case. It tore up gears and the case. I did not R and R the thing the other two times, so he paid for that. He probably has more money than I stated in the turd. He has not shifted hard since.

Last edited by fastmark; 08/16/13 10:50 PM.