Clutcher,
I can tell you that there is NO way that I am posting a picture of the internals of the trans on here. There are items that are being patented in this unit, so I don't need any aggravation. I can tell you that the speed gears are approximately 3/16" wider than the gears in an 18 spline A-833 .

As for the Mcleod unit, being under $3000, I am not doubting this. I could easily make a unit in Korea and sell it for that money and be fine. My standpoint is this: (and I am not getting poetic here.) It is stuff like this that is destroying our Country. Everyone running overseas to make stuff because it is cheaper. That is the reason we are in this situation. Now, I am not cutting their product. That is your God given right to do this. It is my God given right to not do it. The single most important thing to me was to make this unit in the USA. PERIOD. It may sound stupid, but I am VERY proud to do this. Am I cutting out a certain market because of the price? I am sure that I am, BUT it is more important to me to do this here than just contribute to the delinquency that surrounds us. To each his own. If they want to do this, that is up to them. I liken it to motorcycle 6 speeds. We are the Baker, McLeod is the Rev Tech. Plain and simple. The Baker is considerably more money, and in many peoples opinion, is of considerably higher quality. Can everyone afford one? No, that is where the Rev Tech comes in. The only thing with the Rev Tech is that it "just doesn't fit quite right." Again, I am not cutting anyone's product. There was a goal that was laid out when we started this project. It was to make the BEST bolt in USA made 5 speed transmission. I think that we accomplished this. As for the Mcleod being a bolt in? Again, I am not cutting on it, but man, I don't know how one tailhousing with obvious speedo cable issues is gonna fit three different Chrysler platforms. Maybe I am wrong, but we shall see. For the record, I have nothing against McLeod. I do LOVE McLeod clutches. I feel that they are the best on the market, I just don't agree with their rationale on this trans.
Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com