Quote:

Quote:

So how many people here really give a rat's behind about gas mileage? The only reason I want that 5th gear is to save the wear and tear on my driveline when on the highway. If you want mileage, get a Prius. If you're concerned about using gas, park it for an extra weekend each month. Otherwise, I want my 5 speed!

You obviously don't care about mileage since like you said your the type of guy to build a car with credit card in hand. Being interested in OD for "wear and tear" goes hand in hand with gas mileage- those low rpms as we all know are also going to save you gas...

It's pretty evident that everyone wants a 5 speed for a different reason, some more sensical than others...Seems like some just want it to say "ive got a 5 speed" LOL

Happy shiftin

Exactly,who gives a ratts but about fuel mileage and wear and tear on the driveline.These are Mopar muscle cars,they are made to be drove hard and put up wet.I dont know who all cruises on the highway but I do my cruisin on the strip and I dont need 5 gears going to red light to red light.I dont care to get my hands dirty so If I want to make a very long trip somewhere Ill just pull out the 391 gears and put in the 323.$4300 is a chunk of change and I aint saying I will not buy one but until this tranny has been tested and used for a year Im not buying one,I dont care if it was made by Santas Elves.Im going to give a look at the Mcleod tranny to after its been out for a year also.I talked to Paul Lee last week and he promised it would be under $3,000

Last edited by 70RT Charger; 12/18/10 12:19 PM.