Quote:

I'm sure $2,500.00 is reasonable to almost anyone, but $4,200.00 is more then some of us have into some of our cars.
I'm not saying it isn't going to be the best choice for for restored Mopar. Just like everything else I buy I want to make sure I'm getting the maximum part per dollar spent that best suits my particular wants. Sometimes that means I don't need the best piece on the market.

Lots of you guys don't realize that there are lots of us guys that can't justify a $4200 trans because we can't afford $15-20,000 to invest in an old car. I have 4 cars and $4200 equals lots of new tires, disc brake swaps, suspension rebuilds, interior work, etc, to spread amongst all of them. It also equals 4 months of house payments in this bad economy, which is why they don't all have disc brakes, new tires and new interiors. We make priorities and choices.

Jamie - I'm glad you're out there and glad you made this trans a reality (I work for a transmission manufacturer so I'm kinda proud of you, too! ). If I stumble into a chunk of money you'll get some business from me.