Quote:

Thanks for your reply.

IF you had been able to center the camper, would a single 2 X 12 have been enough to clear the tires that had no fender?

I can't see your tie-downs, I assume you strapped down the axles. Did you strap both?

Did you drive the camper on or did you winch it?

Thanks, Don

Centering would have placed the edges of the camper over the trailer tires on both sides. Since the trailer tires are suspended, they move up and down in relation to the trailer and load. The camper also moves up and down unless you really strap it down, compressing the suspension. This tends to really work the straps/chains and where they are attached, plus increase the amount of road shock transmitted to the camper. Not recommended!
Yes, I strapped the camper down by the axles, front and back. Depending on a variety of reasons, I'll use straps or chains. Preferred is chain in front, straps in back. This allows the camper to move on it's suspension, meaning that there must be clearance or rubbing will result.
The pictures at the top of page 7 show the hang over on the left and the touching on the right side. The last picture shows it at home. There is a chain running from the front center of the trailer to the front axle. Again, short, smooth tow. I'd strap it down better over longer distances or rougher roads. It did move up and down, and damaged the edge on this side.
I winched it up, it wasn't and still is not running.

Last edited by RodStRace; 02/27/13 05:10 PM.