I have 4k on the truck now and it has always had a slight tick from the passenger side of the truck but more towards the rear of the engine under the cowl. This is after the truck is warmed up and under slight load (accelerating,going up small grades). I could not find an exhaust leak anywhere. I took it into the dealer and they kept it for a few days and said no leaks and all the 6.4s do that. They said it was the Y pipes merger design on the bigger gas engines.

I don't buy the Y pipe excuse and told them I will fab up a new one and let them know what happens. I have been driving diesels for the past 15 years so I have no experience with EGR valves. To me the noise seems to originate towards the rear of the engine where the EGR is (thing is buried). I have tried googling EGR 6.4 to see how these things works but get inundated with 6.4 powerstroke issues. I am assuming the EGR valve is opening and closing at different times depending on driving conditions? The noise slightly changes when the truck is in eco mode. Do EGR valves even make noise or am I just driving myself crazy?

Thanks,

Josh

70 Challenger
1960 Town Wagon P Pump 24v cummins project
06 Mega 3500 Drw 2wd
12 Durango R/T
18 Power Wagon
67 A100