we bought a 2002 jeep grand cherokee recently,on the way home we stopped to eat lunch(chinese buffett),after lunch it wouldnt start,after using the remote door lock several times to no avail i tried the key in the drivers door to lock and unlock,IT STARTED!!!,since then (a couple weeks) the transmission went south (42RE),i was replacing the brake pads on all four wheels,did you know jeep had two different caliper designs that year on the front!!!,ordered new calipers for the rear and while pushing the piston back in on the old rear calipers the brake line that goes to the rear decided to exit fluid all over the floor due to rust,so i replaced it,now have great brakes,also put on a new set of tires,and of course when the transmission was being done the coolant lines were so rusted that they had to be replaced,so finally we thought it was all ok,nope!,went on a short trip and the security key light was ojn most of the way,on the return trip it was off ,so today it started right up,wife run a errand and locked it with the remote,it took several tries both with the remote and using the key in the door to get it home,now after several tries it will start and die (part of the security im told)im going to check the ecm plugs for corrosion tomorrow, as well as clook at the grounds ,if i can get it to start im seriously thinking of sending in the ecm and having the security disabled,then i can unplug the SKIM module and MAYBE it will be safe to drive!!,im open to any ideas or help i can get!!

my ladder of success is missing some rungs