I picked up all the new tinted glass for the charger at Carlisle 2 weeks ago. So I put the vent windows together using Metros vent window gaskets. The gaskets fit great and required no modifications. I tested all of the new window glass against my original glass and for the most part the cut and shape seems to be very close, however the etched labeling for the vent windows was not only on the wrong side but it was also much larger than my originals. Ordered the tinted glass as that’s what the original Bullitt charger had.
I had all of my original vent parts re-chrome by Paul’s two years ago, and I polished stainless steel. I used a commercial grade black double stick tape to reattach the lower chrome trim to the vent glass. (This worked very well on my 1st Charger 10 years ago) There are 6 raised rivets that are part of the chrome vent Frame used to hold the steel track in place. And on the two chargers I have restored the factory only uses 3 of these which makes it very easy to reattach the chrome to the steel frame in the same manner that the factory did buy peening over the rivets to hold the frame. Be careful peening over the small rivets as the metal is soft and you can dent the other side easily which I found out on my 1st Charger 10 years ago. Then reinstalling the vent glass along with the stop pin and locking handle is relatively easy after cleaning out any excess chrome plating left behind in the small holes.
Thanks!