Thanks Scott, it's actually been running almost all along I left it on stands while looked for a car for my youngest...scored a Neon so I'm back to work.

I just so happened to thumb through a 1 year old Mopar Action and it had a distributor article. Well it stated the newer MP distributors have a spark scatter issue (my older style low mile MP tuned distributor was doing that) and today just happens to be someone's birthday.

So if Six Pack Performance has a distributor upgrade on the shelf I'll have one tonight, if not I want one of these https://www.customwiresets.com/product.php?productid=16293&cat=308&page=1

UPDATE I called Junior at Six Pack Performance, he provided his personal experience and some customer feedback on the MSD, I'm sold. I didn't want to have to change the ends on my new wires but so what.....
My car already has a hidden 6AL. He'll have an MSD distributor for me on Monday. I highly recommend this vendor, very friendly and knowledgeable and cost competitive .

EDIT: Mondays a long way away so I'll take 2 distributors apart and Frankenstein them into one so I can have it out today. Basically just swapping a new housing with bushings into my old distributor to remove the play and hopefully cure it for now.

The "baby" is at practice and should be coming home with her drivers license this afternoon

8421756-DSCF1862.JPG (295 downloads)