Originally Posted By RustyM
As to my comments on this thread, which only further inflamed things it seems:

Rusty, No apology needed.
I'm glad you posted what you did.
A. If you and bad340fish hadn't said anything, then you might still be thinking this area is a matter of unknown variables with lots of opinions. It was an opportunity to set the record straight. BradH summed it up so well:
Quote:
"Guys... it's science, not magic. It doesn't always do what we THINK it will, but it is reasonably predictable if you understand why. Part of why it's not as simple in the real world is the number of variables that influence it."
It takes experience and a bit of an art to stay within the stable range and reduce the number of trials, but it is all grounded known principles. Guys like Dom, BradH, Tuner, Mark W, Shrinker (RIP) and others have all been willing to share the parameters and approaches which have worked (or not) to make it easier for us.

B. There was no way for you and many others to know how insulting Andy's statement was. Sure, if you read the link and poked around RFS, MSV, YB and ST, it might have become apparent. But most guys here aren't doing that. AndyF has been helpful to me on occassion. I appreciate that. I left my response wide open for him to say it was inadvertent.

If you like a "think tank" atmosphere, I'll encourage you to spend some time checking out the RFS forum for carbs, FI, and ignition related discussions.

Last edited by Mattax; 03/13/18 06:19 PM.