I pulled up the P/N for my seat bases and they show interchange from 94-01(02) Rams . . . BUT . . .

A quirk I saw today was that the 99 quad cab seats had the chest seat belts in the seat backs, and my club cab has them in the cab sides. Changing the base mount to the floor might have been the factories way of making sure the trucks got the correct belts. Maybe std/club cabs got 1 style base, while quads got different bases. That might have been what BleedDodge ran into.

I have access to a free matching fabric passenger seat with a nice seat bottom. While I see the bottom cushions are mirror images, with a small indent for seatbelt clearance in the inside back corner, I think I can swap the fabric and cushion on to the drivers side base. It should last for at least a couple years, look better than a torn seat, and will be fine for a 22 year old truck.

Not entirely giving up yet on the leather R/T seats. I did see today that the metal seat cushion frame bolts to the sliders. Still a possibility that the Dakota seat tops will bolt to my Ram sliders/bases. Fingers crossed. And then there's always "plan W" - wire welder!

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........