Just a update for possible future searchers for info on the Timken TRP1559TV.

I installed one of the axle repair bearing this morning. The instruction sheet plainly states that “The repair package bearing is lubricated through the axle tube by differential fluid, just like the original equipment design.”

In spite of what the instructions says it has seals on both side of the bearing and is pre-lubed, ........so Riddle me this batman!

How is the gear oil to get past the seal into the bearing?

When I originally researched this on the net, a guy mentioned that he had talked to Timken and they said that these were OLD instructions.

Maybe check with your local bearing supply house, the child behind the counter could enlighten you.

It would appear to me that Timken is too cheap or stupid to replace the instructions if they have retooled the bearing!

Notes of no particular importance:
Original Dakota bearings are very tight to get out
The repair bearing is held in by the previous seal retaining recess only !!!
Rock auto catalogue does not list for this application, (Therefore no warranty) But best price, NAPA and others do list it.
The repair bearing protrudes out more. One guy on the net said that he had trouble getting the axles in far enough to install the C clips, but the one I did today worked fine.
Crappy pictures available upon request.