This falls under the category of 'what would you do'.

I made my choice and chose incorrectly, so, no changing that.

This past year, I was dealing with my (73 yr old) Mom and her health issues that (literally) almost killed her and ultimately ended up with her having surgery to remove a grapefruit sized tumor.

She had to have a c-section to remove it. C-sections are hard enough on young women.

Less than two weeks later, while she was recovering at home (senior apt), Hurricane Harvey came to town, not so much wind as a LOT of rain.

I chose to stay with her. Aside from being more comfortable in her own place, medical treatment would have been more accessible from her place then mine.

Back at my place was my wife, her father, and a friend of hers that was renting a room. With my Mom and I, it would have been 5 adults, three dogs and one cat and two beds between us all.

We live about a mile apart, but during and after the storm, we were separated by flooded streets. Both places took on some water, but nothing extreme.

Since Harvey has passed thru, I have not heard the end of it from my wife how I abandoned her during a crises......

She filed divorce on me this week. I have until the end of the month to get out (house is in her name).

Looks like my wagon is going on the block.

So, am I the uncaring jerk my wife makes me out to be? shruggy

popcorn

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥