Originally Posted By J_BODY
I have a few customers that have deleted newer DEF trucks, but in my experience with this system that arrived in 13 has been a pretty dang good combo. Doesn't pollute the oil like the 07-12 trucks did... I often see people going the full 10K oil change interval.

These trucks now have two fuel filters, something that has probably been needed since the common rail came out (03). I see 4x4 trucks with "avg mpg" in the 18-20 range when they come in for service. These trucks have also been A LOT more short trip friendly.... not recommended by any means, but they don't soot up like the older ones did.

My dash has a crack, the OE paint is finally succumbing to desert life, and in my "oldness" I'm getting tired of pulling grades and having to adjust driving style to keep my egt in check.... I want "set it, and forget it"! BTW I pulled my race trailer with a 15 and it was laughable at how much better of a driving experience it was. Tow mode, exhaust brake.... it was something else coming up to the Cajon Pass with the cruise set at 55 and it held that speed all the way down that gawd awful long steep hill. Automatically apply the Exh brake, shift down, apply more... it was an eye opening experience.

I just can't justify all the extra "stuff (emissions)" for what I do. I do see deleted trucks around town but they are still too new for emissions and that would scare me if I had to deal with the warranty.

I hear you on the set it and forget it. I pull a small camper and my 06 is still a pain with egt's at altitude. I am most likely going to get a gasser for around town and camping trips.

70 Challenger
1960 Town Wagon P Pump 24v cummins project
06 Mega 3500 Drw 2wd
12 Durango R/T
18 Power Wagon
67 A100