Been missing from the board for a while. Thought I would chime in.

Looking to buy a JGC, Euro edition but it's all the same. Was originally looking for a Sahara model 2014+ but the prices are outrageous locally. No Value for Money. You have to get $60k+ to start getting options.

So I opted for the Grand Cherokee. I am headed for a 3.0L Diesel version because fuel is $6/gallon versus $7/gallon on gasoline and the fuel efficiency is better than a 3.6 PLUS the registration tax is about $450 cheaper annually. They offer the Cherokee but the 2.8CRD is weak as its a 4cylinder.

My friend insists on me sticking to the 2008-2010 years because post 2011 is when Italy took over and the engine switched from being the MBZ engine to a VM Motori. Apparently the MBZ engine was designed to be a 1 million mile motor and the VM Motori apparently suffers badly 1/4 of the way to it's predecessor...Is there any truth to that?

He warned me to stay away from later models because of the DPF filter which needs constant annual cleaning and if it accumulates too much, it needs replacing and its expensive to do so.

The one I am looking at is an Overland has a Quadra-Drive II case, a sunroof, Navi, xenon headlights, heated seats, black on black leather, hill assist and...well..thats it...its a 2010 model with 52,000 miles on the clock. Do these have issues with the sunroof leaking? I will blow out the lines just to maintain it properly.

Does it have diff problems? Rust in certain locations? What should I look for? I eventually want to take it from stock height, lift it 2" through coils and take it from 18" rims to 20" rims just to gain a little extra height on the (off)road applications. I live in the mountains, it rains a bit, It can snow. The main reason I want it is because I have a VW Passat daily right now and two German Shepherds and those two do not go together.

Thanks in advance for the input

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s