Originally Posted By BigHemiVegas

Yeah my budget for a new transmisison would be somewhere in the 4k to 5k range all in.

If I dont have to cut the transmission tunnel or modify the shifter opening hump then I would be fine with a TKO600 or T56magnum but it sounds like the T56 would require cutting of the tunnel since it is alot wider.

The TKO600 shifter location for the 68-70 B body comes up in the tunnel center line, an offset bracket brings the shifter into the factory opening on a 4spd CONSOLE equipped vehicle, the BENCH mount shifter will not fall within the factory opening, although the kits on the market supply you a piece of sheetmetal to simulate the factory 4spd hump, I'd suggest you install a factory/repro 4 spd hump (unless your vehicle is already equipped?) as you'll need the clearance for the tranny as well as underfloor cooling, as an OD generates some good heat in prolonged OD operation

The TKO kits all drop the tail end somewhat to make concessions, this results in driveline angle changes, I like to avoid that, and will trim out what's necessary in the torsion/tranny crossmember to achieve a proper drive line angle, as well as modify the kits tranny crossmember to achieve proper drive line angle

Mike