Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By BigHemiVegas
I am looking at buying a TKO600 or T56 for my 1968 Charger. Anybody here had any experience installing one in a 68-70 B Body or seen one that was installed with no cutting involved OR is there alot of cutting involved.

Don't be fooled, there will be cutting required for either transmission to provide clearance and proper driveline angle, don't rely on the kit mfg for the optimum install for your particular application...if your not inclined to modify your vehicle, then don't bother with a TKO/T56, go join the decade long Intergalactic waiting list for a bolt in transmission...

IMHO If your going to go for maximum performance and OD advantage, go with the T56 Magnum .50 OD, otherwise a TKO600 in the .64 OD can fill out most OD requirements...tailor your OD ratio choice to either your existing engine/gear/tire combo, or build a driveline around the OD ratio of your choice, as well as intended usage for said vehicle...

Depending on how much you want to spend, expect to start off in the $4K range and up depending on your requirements and choice of transmission, IMHO if you choose either a TKO or T56, Silver Sport Transmission is your best source for a one stop shop, and their kits are a more refined product, where as other kit mfg offerings are based/copied on earlier kit offerings from assorted mfg's and have seen no updates like SST's offerings

Yeah my budget for a new transmisison would be somewhere in the 4k to 5k range all in.

If I dont have to cut the transmission tunnel or modify the shifter opening hump then I would be fine with a TKO600 or T56magnum but it sounds like the T56 would require cutting of the tunnel since it is alot wider.