Originally Posted By Dilbert
Are you going to set up the carbs properly or just wing it and then ask questions? drive

Did you know that Tom Hoover spoke very highly of a six pak on a hemi as the fuel distribution was wayyyy much better than the 2x4 set up? I thinks it's humorous with all the talk that a few ponies were left on the table with the +6 vs 2-4s or a big fat 4bbl when a drag race would confirm that six paks rule!.

No, I did my research first, installed them following some specific instructions I got here on the board, and now am asking questions for the small issues I'm having problems with.

That was one of the reasons I did it, was talking to Tom Hoover about it a few years ago at MATS. But first of all, that was a 426 he was talking about, not a 540. Then there is the fact that at 4bbl ratings, the six pack flows 935 cfm, where the two Edelbrocks I have flow 1300. Then there is the dual plane design of the 6 pak manifold as compared to the single plane Stage V dual 4 I use, which dyno'd by FHO produced 40 more HP than a stock manifold. And yes, setting up a set of drag 6 pak carbs with all 500 CFM carbs may put it back in the range of a single or two 4's, but probably not with that manifold. So this really is in no way and apples to apples comparison.

So yes, it is down on power, and would lose miserably on the track to my other setup.