Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted By Silver70
Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted By Silver70
I picked up a viper t56 for project. Rated to 650trq, the new t56 magnums are rated to 700. But for what I paid, I could buy 3 new magnums. They are actually good for a lot more power as long as your not running slicks and dumping the clutch.

That works if you know where the trans came from. I didn’t want a used supercar transmission that could have had slicks and plenty of clutch dumping. I know what I’m working with by using a brand new trans.

With that logic, then why didn't you buy a new mopar built crate hemi? I can have this viper t56 built up and still have less into it than a new t56 magnum. Same way I go about engines... rather build my own and know what I have exactly.

The reman 5.7L Hemi was free, it was merely disassembled for a time study. So no, I didn't buy a new crate to replace a reman engine with 0 miles on it, but I appreciate your concern.

So you paid 3k plus for a trans that will handle twice the power your reman hemi makes? Guess if you get things for free then might as well blow $ on other things you don't really need. Some of us actual pay for our own parts.