Originally Posted By perfmachst

BTW, the softloc does slip on gear change, which softens the hit, that's way it was designed to operate. the pressure is less at lower rpm. I know it's not as hard as a 1600# clutch with rag disc hits. also, I don't have C/W on my softloc. also, as mcloed guy said, it fools the engine, has a convertor behind it. the RPM drop is less, because the clutch does slip some, as RPM comes up , it locks up.

Adjustables typically play on the difference between shift rpm and fallback rpm. At shift rpm they are at maximum clamp pressure, but as the clutch pulls engine rpm down they reach a point where they lose enough centrifugal assist that the clutch begins to slip a significant amount. This raises the fallback rpm some, which adds a little hp.

The actual hit after a wot shift with a SoftLoc is not softened at all.

On 10.5" Long PP geometry, the stock cw levers alone still add about 500-600lbs of centrifugal clamp @ 6k even without any added counterweight...

Bump that shift rpm up to 8k with your right foot flat on the floor, those stock cw levers, without any extra weight added, still add over 1000lbs to the base clamp load.

Last edited by weedburner; 02/06/18 03:58 PM.