Originally Posted By moparpoolman
Originally Posted By 68LAR
Originally Posted By moparpoolman
After seeing the "Soft Lok Thread", I didn't want to hijack so started a new one.
I keep breaking the 18 spline A833, blow all the teeth off third gear on the cluster. Broke 3 in the last 8 years only going to the track about 5 times a year. Car is a 68 Plymouth b body, A833 with a centerforce clutch, 420HP to the rear tires with a 4.10 Dana that I don't drive on the street?
Is an adjustable clutch my answer? What other adjustable clutches like a McLeod Soft Lok are available? The "clutchtamer"
http://clutchtamer.com/
sounds interesting, anyone run one?
I'm wondering what I should do?? Different disc? get away from the cenerforce and go with a regular Ram or Mcleod? switch to an adjustable clutch? or maybe try a clutchtamer with it the centerforce??? The more I research it the more confused I'm getting, HELP?

I have a '68 Roadrunner with a stock (except slick shifted)18 spline tranny. I also run a Center force. I have NEVER broken a tranny part. I run several races a year(around 7-10). Engine makes around 600+ hp and I also run a Dana but with 4.56 gears. Car weighs in around 3926 with me in it. My car is mostly street driven. I do run slicks when racing.??????????

Plus. How do you shift (granny shift or power shift)? Granny shifting is very hard on gears.

Can you please explain how you granny shift and how you power shift? I always thought power shifting was harder on gears..but maybe I'm doing something wrong...by the way the most recent casualty was a Liberty Pro shift

These are "old" terms. Granny shifting is very hard on gears because you "unload" and "load" the gears by lifting off the gas between shifts. Power shifting is done by keeping the gas pedal on the floor between shifts. No loading and unloading of the gears..

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight