Originally Posted By moparpoolman
After seeing the "Soft Lok Thread", I didn't want to hijack so started a new one.
I keep breaking the 18 spline A833, blow all the teeth off third gear on the cluster. Broke 3 in the last 8 years only going to the track about 5 times a year. Car is a 68 Plymouth b body, A833 with a centerforce clutch, 420HP to the rear tires with a 4.10 Dana that I don't drive on the street?
Is an adjustable clutch my answer? What other adjustable clutches like a McLeod Soft Lok are available? The "clutchtamer"
http://clutchtamer.com/
sounds interesting, anyone run one?
I'm wondering what I should do?? Different disc? get away from the cenerforce and go with a regular Ram or Mcleod? switch to an adjustable clutch? or maybe try a clutchtamer with it the centerforce??? The more I research it the more confused I'm getting, HELP?

I have a '68 Roadrunner with a stock (except slick shifted)18 spline tranny. I also run a Center force. I have NEVER broken a tranny part. I run several races a year(around 7-10). Engine makes around 600+ hp and I also run a Dana but with 4.56 gears. Car weighs in around 3926 with me in it. My car is mostly street driven. I do run slicks when racing.??????????

Plus. How do you shift (granny shift or power shift)? Granny shifting is very hard on gears.

Last edited by 68LAR; 02/01/18 08:19 PM.

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight